Codecs DXVA on ION 330 BD - The flawless solution (1 Viewer)

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello,

after spending hours trying to enable DXVA support for a mkv file on a friend's ION 330-BDHT running Windows 7 and on my own ION 330BD running XP with separate codecs, special codecs packs (win7codecs, ...), SAF 4.00 and 5.00 beta, I eventually found THE solution and wanted to share it :

that's Yet Another Pack called AntiPack.

I only had to uninstall all my old codecs/filters, install it with everything checked except "Subtitle Render" & "MPC-HC MPEG2 Decoder" & "DeCSSFilter" (I own PowerDVD 9 but anyway MP provides a free MPEG2 Decoder), reinstall Haali Media Splitter and That's it !!

MKV containing HD AVC video, WMV HD and MPEG4 HD files are working incredibly well.

I didn't checked the subtitles and I'm pretty sure a few tuning would be a good idea but by now it fulfills my needs.

bizarro101

Portal Member
    November 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DXVA on ION 330 BD - The flawless solution

Hi vinch100.
    I recently expierienced codec Problems (stuttering) on my Asus At3IONT-I with installed SAF4.0.0. So I tried your way. But still stuttering on HD mkv playback. But I have a question: should there be MCP Video Codec (babgvant) option in h264 video codec settings? I only can choose Cyberlink or MS DTV DVD Codec.

Another question: do you use AC3Filter and SPDIF Option?

Cheers
    bizarro / Marcel

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi bizarro101,

I'm sorry I sold my ASROCK 4 month ago (my wife needed a more powerful machine to play games), thus I have no way to check what where the settings. :(

At least I learned that the next time I post something like that I'll have to add settings' screenshots

Good luck !

bizarro101

Portal Member
    November 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DXVA on ION 330 BD - The flawless solution

Hi vinch100.

Thanks for your reply.
    Maybe your settings would help, maybe not.

But I am getting weird. Until last week I didn´t know nothing about codecs, until they kind of broke.
    I am shure, sooner or later, I will solve things.

You now have a powerfull machine and you do not need DXVA for HD playback?

Cheers
    bizarro101

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Re: AW: DXVA on ION 330 BD - The flawless solution

Hi vinch100.

Thanks for your reply.
    Maybe your settings would help, maybe not.

But I am getting weird. Until last week I didn´t know nothing about codecs, until they kind of broke.
    I am shure, sooner or later, I will solve things.

You now have a powerfull machine and you do not need DXVA for HD playback?

Cheers
    bizarro101

Look at my system in my profile.. ffdshow tryout will work to decode using hardware DXVA. They about 4 others too but I find this one tha best. using low end cpu amd 3700+ 754

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

after spending hours trying to enable DXVA support for a mkv file on a friend's ION 330-BDHT running Windows 7 and on my own ION 330BD running XP with separate codecs, special codecs packs (win7codecs, ...), SAF 4.00 and 5.00 beta, I eventually found THE solution and wanted to share it :

that's Yet Another Pack called AntiPack.

I only had to uninstall all my old codecs/filters, install it with everything checked except "Subtitle Render" & "MPC-HC MPEG2 Decoder" & "DeCSSFilter" (I own PowerDVD 9 but anyway MP provides a free MPEG2 Decoder), reinstall Haali Media Splitter and That's it !!

MKV containing HD AVC video, WMV HD and MPEG4 HD files are working incredibly well.

I didn't checked the subtitles and I'm pretty sure a few tuning would be a good idea but by now it fulfills my needs.

Have you up'd the video ram to 512MB??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom