Dynamic Buttons in Plugins (1 Viewer)

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is it possible to make buttons in menue´s dynamic?

For example:
With my configuration are in MyTV some buttons like "Group" and "Teletext" not used. So it would be great if they were not shown.

I know the MyTV is still under construction so i hope this can be released when it is not to much work.

I´ve seen something like this in MyExplorer - When i set in configuration "Delete moves Files to Temp-Folder (like Trashcan)" then is there a Button. When i change configuration to Delete Files immediately there is no Button. (Tested with latest CVS and MCE-Skin)

bye
merci

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
merci1983 said:
For example:
With my configuration are in MyTV some buttons like "Group" and "Teletext" not used. So it would be great if they were not shown.

Yes, I thought of this too, merci!

One problem could be that you must avoid having ugly gaps if a button is invisible, and this could get skin-definitions complicated.

So how about writing a ButtonPanel class that can be used in skins and aligns all visible buttons "correctly" and automatically?

Skinners would use button panels and coders don't have to fiddle around with coordinate-corrections because of disabled/invisible buttons.....

Let's see what the guilib-team thinks of that :)

Cheers,

Daniel

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I, too, would like to see configurable menu options in each module. With only 6 free-to-air channels in Australia, Channel groups is a little over the top :wink:

Even being able to re-name the plug-ins from the PlugIn configuration tab would be a start - I've never been a fan of the "My-this" and "My-that" naming convention.

I guess this continues the more-configurable, less-configurable debate that I have seen in other threads.

A

Anonymous

vbap said:
Even being able to re-name the plug-ins from the PlugIn configuration tab would be a start - I've never been a fan of the "My-this" and "My-that" naming convention.

Just edit the strings.xml file to remove the "My" prefixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom