Ongoing Egon's box..... (1 Viewer)

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Just ordered up the first bits for my system.....

Silverstone LC11m case around £170
    Cos it looks dam hot...even though a tad pricey...it should last a while!
    Abit VA-10 M/B £40
    Onboard SPDIF optical out. Was a sod to track down (spent 3 hours online looking at EVERY mATX board on the manufacturers site)
    Sempron 3000 £75
    Nova-T TV card Waiting on Ebay for this one
    512 Meg RAM £35
    200 gig drive £66
    Connect3D ATI 9550 GFX £40

Will take pictures when the bits get here and post them along with progress and any tips/tricks I find........

Egon

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Supplier Warning : www.casetech.co.uk
    Dont go anywhere near them. I order the VA-10 mboard and CPU from them 2 weeks ago. They sent repeated emails saying that the order had shipped...but no tracking number
    Motherboard just turned up today (it looks used) and still havent got CPU from them. They are now saying that they dont have any Sempron Skt A CPU's in stock even though my order shipped 2 weeks ago.
    Dont go near them

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    OK, after some problems getting the TV card to work with the VA-10, I have flogged it to my dad :)

Ive now gone down the following route....as have lots of others here...so I guess its pretty safe.

MSI RS480M2-IL board Novatech 62.57
    Athlon 64 3000 Retail Novatech 104.23
    512 RAM Crucial 44.64

I have used Novatech a lot in the past and can recommend them. And I dont buy any memory apart from Crucial's....they guarantee it works with your board or your money back.

Mat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom