Forum [solved] Emails "Reply to Watched Thread" detected as spam (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Recently, for less than a week, all MP replies to watched threads emails are being trapped by the spam filter on my email server and when released are also being detected as spam by Thunderbird locally. I am not aware of any changes to Thunderbird or the spam filter on my server, has anything changed in this respect on the MP website? See attached screenshot.

spam.jpg

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    there wasn't a change lately but I see an increased number of spam to or from (fake) *.team-mediaportal.com emails last week. This might set off some temp. spamfilters but neither our IP or mail-servers are blacklisted anywhere. I get mine perfectly delivered through GMail and don't see any increase of bounced emails.

Looks like both Thunderbird and my email server are unhappy about the links included in the text, see attached screenshot.
    possible that both systems use the same filterlists. Do you use the default adaptive junk list or any plugin in TB? Have you tried to manually mark them as "no junk"?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Do you use the default adaptive junk list or any plugin in TB? Have you tried to manually mark them as "no junk"?
    Default junk list and yes I have been marking them all as not junk in both locations.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    De-selecting the (Spam Assassin) setting highlighted in the attached screenshot stops MP emails being detected locally as spam by Thunderbird but I have not found such a setting or adaptive filtering on the ISP server, the only option would be to try reducing the spam filter strength from medium to low but that then allows real spam through so is not desirable. I have re-enabled the Thunderbird setting and also enabled its global adaptive spam filter, it was disabled by default.
    Not sure if this helps and again prior to a week or so ago MP emails were not being detected as spam.
    spam2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I found an option on the ISP server to enter exceptions for the spam filter so I added MP and all forum emails are now getting through.:)

Users who are viewing this thread