Emulators 2 - A quick Start Setup Guide (1 Viewer)

Junkmail

Portal Member
April 1, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Contents
Getting started Steps
Links
Problems

Getting started Steps.
Start by adding a new emulator under the Emulators Tab
*Helpfull hint; when using Emulators 2, you can hover over the buttons for brief descriptions.
LyfxWLX.jpg

moM4l9y.jpg

3. Project64 is recognized by Emulators 2, some emulators are not.
TrscVK4.jpg

4. Select a platform and select the search button. Make sure you that when you set up a new emulator you select the appropriate platform from the platform dropdown (in this case N64), this should make the importer match the right platform.
81Ij6XH.jpg

5. The settings here have been preset by step 3 when it auto recogged project 64.
KhVwOXk.jpg

KHfPHRg.jpg

7. Select folder, make sure you add the extensions you need and click the refresh button, check your list.
AeDDeVQ.jpg

8. Import tab> Notice the status column, green circle is being searched and DLed, green circle w arrow is complete. The Circled green checkmark confirms the match. Manual searches and selections can be made while the progress bar at the bottom is moving.
vhMfKP2.jpg

9. Blue circle with exclamation needs your attention, select the search button, and search.
HHQU3jW.jpg

rmuqA6b.jpg

11. If you don't have a match, but it is a game, you may click the Paper Icon to add without Meta-data, The X will ignore the file (You can also un-ignore files under Options->Advanced->Ignored files, they should then be picked up again when you refresh the importer.)
iYybE5W.jpg

12. Let the search complete and then backup.
0XY4VH3.jpg

13. I use the Titan interface, so I had to configure my 'titan editor' plugin, to add the BasicHome Menu module to the main menu.

Links
Main emulator thread
Emulator configurations

Problems
IF things go wrong

If things go wrong, remove the emulator from the emulator tab, this will remove the emulator and the associated games.

If things go horribly wrong
You can 'Reset database', just clear your data and start over.
To clear all emulator and game info you need to delete (or rename) the database at
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\Emulators2_v1.db3
and delete the image folder at
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Emulators 2
If you want to reset all options back to their defaults delete the options file at:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Emulators_2.xml

If error occurs, do a search.

If your problem/fix is new post the issue/fix.

King_Robert

Portal Member
August 14, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

My Emulators 2 works fine and i am really happy with this plugin. Nevertheless i have a problem concerning picture scraping. It seems that only very little (around 1%) of all roms have screens and artwork automatically. Is it necessary to scrape manually for each rom and select the pics ? This would be a neverending and tedious job :cry:.

I use MP 1.12 with Titanius skin.

Feel free to move my question to another thread, if does not fit here, but please help me.

Cheers

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Emulators 2 works fine and i am really happy with this plugin. Nevertheless i have a problem concerning picture scraping. It seems that only very little (around 1%) of all roms have screens and artwork automatically. Is it necessary to scrape manually for each rom and select the pics ? This would be a neverending and tedious job
    There is a completey newly created version of "Emulators for MP2". It scraps automatically game information with fanart and posters.
    And the best thing is, that the emulator itself is included, so no external software needed. The games can be just started as a movie file and are not handled differently as media items.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-support-emulators.132573/page-4#post-1177064

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom