Emulators 2 and Project64 (1 Viewer)

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
June 22, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

I have a problem with starting Projet64.

If I start Project64 the monitor goes black (suspend MP while running) and then the monitor goes to sleep mode and stays there. The Emu is still running in backgroud (can here the music), but I can't see anything (monitor off). Even if I close the Emu with my remote and I'm back in MP the monitor remains in sleep mode.

BTW: This also happens if snes9x is configured with "EmulateFullscreen = TRUE".

Is this a problem with Power Scheduler or something else? Or what can I do?

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i think thats a Problem of your Powersettings. Do you have installed PowerScheduler++?
    Have you set the option "suspend MP while running" at the "PC-Settings" tab inside the game configuration?
    If so, go to MP TV Configuration --> "PowerScheduler" --> enable "Expert Mode" --> Tab "Processes" and then enable the setting "Do not put the Computer to sleep while MP Client is not running" and disable "Enter Away mode when the user..."
    Hope that will fix your problem

Last edited:

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i think thats a Problem of your Powersettings. Do you have installed PowerScheduler++?
    Yes, I'm using PowerScheduler++.

If so, go to MP TV Configuration --> "PowerScheduler" --> enable "Expert Mode" --> Tab "Processes" and then enable the setting "Do not put the Computer to sleep while MP Client is not running"
    That's my default setting.

and disable "Enter Away mode when the user..."
    The behavior is the same if I disable this or leave it enabled. But I think it's better to leave this enabled.

Have you set the option "suspend MP while running" at the "PC-Settings" tab inside the game configuration?
    Yes. But exactly this setting is the problem. Only if I activate this, the plugin turns off the monitor. I guess most emus are working in a real (dx/opengl) fullscreen mode. And during switching to fullscreen the monitor gets reactivted. Project64 or Snes9x (with fake fullscreen setting) is just creating a window with the size of the current (or configured) screen resolution.

Thus I guess I need some setting like "do not turn off the monitor" in "My Emulators 2"?

As a workaround I have disabled "suspend MP while running" at the moment. So I can start the emu and the display stays on. Only if I stop the emu after some time and come back to MP the monitor is black (MP screen saver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom