Enable compress-function for my other files, please (1 Viewer)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've waited so long to get a compress function from within a HTPC-Software.
    And now it's done here in MediaPortal.
    That's great.
    I love this function very much, but cannot use it in that way, to take all of it's advantage.
    I've so many recordings on my HDD from other apllications like myHTPC and GotTV i used before, and i would like to compress them via remote.
    Now MediaPortal enabled this function, but I cannot compress these files,
    because they aren't in the recordings-database of MediaPortal.
    Got the same problem with all my files i've recorded with MediaPortal, and after many new installations and tried different CVS-Versions, even these files aren't in the database anymore.

Here is my request: Please implement this function in another modul, where I can browse via explorer to my recordings-folder and get the chance to compress even the files that are not in the recordings-database.
    Maybe this could be realised in the burner-plugin or in the movie-plugin, where my recordings are stored?

Regards
    Ralph

M

Maebrill

Same Problem here - would be really nice to have a feature for older files.

Hope for it soon.

Mae

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right now, burner plugin can only convert to mpeg2.
    What I would like to do is to compress even files, which are not in tv-database.

Regards
    Ralph

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe we could get the option to compress a file in the context menu of My Videos? I.E. highlight the movie to compress, press context menu button (I think it's F9 but I can be misstaken), select compress and you are taken to a compress settings dialog. Select format, quality and such, press an OK button and compressing starts in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom