Enable .nfo file for folders, not just files (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Started on: 2014-08-05
last update: 2014-08-05

Summary:
.nfo files contain information about individual video files, but cannot do the same for folders.
Proposal: extend the use of -nfo folders to apply to folders as well.

Area:
GUI / My Video

Description:
When setting MP to "use internal nfo scraper only" and "do not use database" the GUI displays contents of correctly named .nfo file when browsing through a folder with video files.
These files are often arranged in folders by individual user preference (e.g. by year, or genre).
I propose to extend the functuality of the .nfo folder, so when browsing folders containig video files, info can be displayed from an .nfo file... Example: browsing through folders containing series, a.nfo file containing information about the show "simpsons" would display when browsing past the folder containing simpsons episodes - without having to enter the folder.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello, you can find your answers here :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/myvideo-1-3-0-feedback.109314/page-23#post-928580
    And about Movie Info on sharedFolder, this will never happen because:

1. I will need to check content of that folder with further checks on files there -> we loose precious time and scrolling files will became hectic
    2. Create new GUIList item which will hold data for file inside that folder and change old one with newly created (actually I need to cheat the system) so it can behave as normal file listitem (otherwise huge amount of code will need to be changed -> not only in my vids)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This is a bit over my head, but as i understand it the problem with displaying info on a folder, is that a lot of processing will be required to browse the content of the folder before folderinfo can be displayed, correct???
    But this would not apply if only .nfo file content is displayed when the item i question is a folder...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a bit over my head, but as i understand it the problem with displaying info on a folder, is that a lot of processing will be required to browse the content of the folder before folderinfo can be displayed, correct???
    But this would not apply if only .nfo file content is displayed when the item i question is a folder...
    yes, it's the reason.
    but the best way is to ask @Deda the LEAD MASTER OF MYVIDEOS :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom