Enable TV Closed Captioning/Subtitles (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I am using MP 2.3.2 64bit on Win10. For OTA TV here in the US, I can not figure out how to enable Closed Captioning/Subtitles. The documentation talks about a separate file needed, but on live or recorded TV, that data is included with the signal so I don't think that applies. When I go to the submenu that displays the option for Subtitles, it doesn't appear to do anything or even indicate it was selected.

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I am using MP 2.3.2 64bit on Win10. For OTA TV here in the US, I can not figure out how to enable Closed Captioning/Subtitles. The documentation talks about a separate file needed, but on live or recorded TV, that data is included with the signal so I don't think that applies. When I go to the submenu that displays the option for Subtitles, it doesn't appear to do anything or even indicate it was selected.
    Settings -> Players -> Video Player -> Subtitles -> Select ATSC Closed Captions.

There does seem to be a bug with enabling/disabling ATSC subtitles from within the submenu. Also haven't been able to setup a function shortcut to enable/disable ATSC subtitles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I just started playing with MP2. It's looking nice, with the new Nereus skin. (y) My issue is with enable/disabling ATSC Closed Captions. Currently the only to disable/enable is through the Settings menu. The submenu offers no options (blank box), and there doesn't appear to be a Function Shortcut for ATSC Closed Captions. I tried...
    I just started playing with MP2. It's looking nice, with the new Nereus skin. (y) My issue is with enable/disabling ATSC Closed...
    I just started playing with MP2. It's looking nice, with the new Nereus skin. (y) My issue is with enable/disabling ATSC Closed...
    Replies
    Views
    I remember that the home content was not always up to date. One situation I think can cause this is during import as the list only update after the import is completed. Maybe we could have the force behavior during import only and after it completes the home content should always be up to date?
    I remember that the home content was not always up to date. One situation I think can cause this is during import as the list only...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    I've added this to Jira MP2-832 so that we remember the fact that LAV is not capable of handling wtv subs.
    I've added this to Jira MP2-832 so that we remember the fact that LAV is not capable of handling wtv subs.
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description Hi, I am unable to view subtitles in shows recorded by Windows Media Center (WMC) in WTV...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with subtitles DE
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible). Current video codecs are: - LAV Video for all formats (except HVEC using Lentoid), with DXVA native decoding - LAV Splitter Source - LAV Audio - MPAR as audio renderer - EVR as video renderer (not enough...
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible)...
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible)...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy them to. Can anyone point me in the right direction as my memory of the config is hazy and probably out of date anyway.
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy...
    I just installed MP2 yesterday. Getting the digital tuner going went pretty straight forward. Right now I mainly have 2 issues as...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom