Enable TV Closed Captioning/Subtitles (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using MP 2.3.2 64bit on Win10. For OTA TV here in the US, I can not figure out how to enable Closed Captioning/Subtitles. The documentation talks about a separate file needed, but on live or recorded TV, that data is included with the signal so I don't think that applies. When I go to the submenu that displays the option for Subtitles, it doesn't appear to do anything or even indicate it was selected.

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using MP 2.3.2 64bit on Win10. For OTA TV here in the US, I can not figure out how to enable Closed Captioning/Subtitles. The documentation talks about a separate file needed, but on live or recorded TV, that data is included with the signal so I don't think that applies. When I go to the submenu that displays the option for Subtitles, it doesn't appear to do anything or even indicate it was selected.
    Settings -> Players -> Video Player -> Subtitles -> Select ATSC Closed Captions.

There does seem to be a bug with enabling/disabling ATSC subtitles from within the submenu. Also haven't been able to setup a function shortcut to enable/disable ATSC subtitles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom