English title detection problem during import (1 Viewer)

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm seeing some weird behavior with recent movies. I setup IMDB+ to display the English title first with the foreign title in parenthesis. However, I'm seeing the same behavior for movies with English titles. For example

Stay Friends (Friends with Benefits)
Three Days (The Next Three Days)

"Friends with Benefits" is the official English title for the first film. "Stay Friends" appears to be a translation of the Japanese title. So, I'm not sure why that would be displayed as the primary title or why any secondary title is necessary.

As for the second film, the official title is "The Next Three Days" while Three Days is the English translation of the Japanese title.

I'm upgraded to 3.3.8, running Mediaportal 1.2.1 and the latest StreamedMP skin. Do you need logs?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

I'm seeing some weird behavior with recent movies. I setup IMDB+ to display the English title first with the foreign title in parenthesis. However, I'm seeing the same behavior for movies with English titles. For example

Stay Friends (Friends with Benefits)
    Three Days (The Next Three Days)

I'm trying to debug, but having trouble, so I need your IMDb+ options xml file, so I know exactly in which configuration you are running IMDb+.

Start Menu -> Team MediaPortal -> "User Files" -> locate "IMDb+" folder and there you will find "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml", so please attach that to your reply as well as the exact folder+filenames you used (just incase that causes an issue).

I will then be able to use your options xml file and the same folder+filename (using 0-byte dummy file) to see where exactly things go wrong.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

File locations are:

\\SERVER\FlexRAID\Movies\The Next Three Days 2010 1080p BluRay DTS x264-CtrlHD\The Next Three Days 2010 1080p BluRay DTS x264-CtrlHD.mkv

\\SERVER\FlexRAID\Movies\Friends.with.Benefits.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-DON\Friends.with.Benefits.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-DON.mkv

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.9

Fixed in v3.3.9, guess that is side effect of all these options, there are soo many combinations that it becomes harder to test if nothing old broke.

Stoopid mistake of checking for the wrong value, but it's fixed now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom