[ENH] Grabber script settings (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, @Deda
    For not overcharge the post MP1.3 Feedback, i post here, for maybe an enhancement.

I would know, if it's possible to have an button settings for IMDB GRABBERS to change language / and other function to grab.

Have an option to indicate the language needed. and grab information for language.
    i speak of IMDB because is a full database, also can be used for TMDB, and others.

Pros :
    - don't have many script for any languages for one grabber.
    - When script is modified, all languages are updated.
    - Maybe use a grabber private for grab with login/password (Cinepassion (passion-xbmc) for french and others language in future) for work with API.

Cons :
    - rework database configuration " configuration.exe".
    - maybe more of line of code in script / no script only for support API with login.

Add a buton Setting for selected script, next to Down button
    =VideoSettings.png

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Nope, this will not go. Every script is an entity for itself targeting specific website and language (and holds that info in script). If there is some universal script for IMDB which will cover all languages who will maintain that? There is no free API for IMDB and all is in parsing webpage and too many people will mess up on one document, one mistake can collapse complete script and nothing will work as script is pure C# code compiled on the fly and any small mistake can cause exception.

Universal script which could work like that is one which will use free API (like TMDB) and everyone with the will to made it and maintain it can do that.

Personal scripts can be made just like others but I can't help you in that.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    it was a dream lol ...
    i had tryed to understand your script for 1.3 for make it in french, I must be stupid, I'm lost after three line ... :confused:

Thanks to you, I realized that the MPAA is managed by the grabber.

thx for your reply.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    :) it's not my script :) I just made it work with all of the changes on IMDB. It's not easy to understand it so I had to made small application which helps me to debug script when something bad happens in fetched data but that's a boring and time consuming job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom