[Usability] EPG and Channels list (1 Viewer)

spforums

March 20, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Started on: 2010-03-20
last update: 2010-03-20

Summary:

EPG and Channels displays

Area:
MyTV

Description:

Having used MP for some time I would like to see the EPG and Channels displays open in new windows - not on top of the current tv window. Very frustrating if you're watching a tv program but want to see what's coming up on the current or on other channels. Thanks.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    What do you mean by "new windows"?

If you mean that you are running MP windowed and want these to appear in a separate window outside the main MP window, then this is not possible using the current architecture. But it is not desirable either. MP is an HTPC application. It is meant to be run fullscreen and controlled using a remote control.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    There are other varaitions for viewing epg\now\next, but as Arion said MP is really designed for fullscreen using remote.

Some examples with live TV in background.

23-37-11.png

23-37-36.png

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Started on: 2010-03-20
    last update: 2010-03-20

Summary:

EPG and Channels displays

Area:
    MyTV

Description:

Having used MP for some time I would like to see the EPG and Channels displays open in new windows - not on top of the current tv window. Very frustrating if you're watching a tv program but want to see what's coming up on the current or on other channels. Thanks.

+1

Some of the options I like are like the Coolsat receivers. You can push a button and additional info comes on screen. EPG at bottom while a smaller version of the movie is playing on the screen. Movie Info, etc.... I like MP as is, but their is always room for talking about future improvements.

But before adding features, lets get R2 completed.

IMO,

spforums

March 20, 2010
    Home Country
    I take the point that Mediaportal is an HTPC app but I wonder how many people also run it windowed. I use twin displays and run Mediaportal windowed, or full screen, on one monitor. For me it would be a plus because I am always doing something else on the PC while watching - I rarely, if ever, use Mediaportal as a standalone 'TV' app. If the architecture and demand is not there then it'll have to stay on my wish list:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom