EPG Collector for MHEG5, EIT, OpenTV & MediaHighway (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I did a little testing of this with MP2. Took a little bit to figure it all out but did get it working.
    One thing to note: For this to work on a single tuner card with MP2, you have to stop the MP2-Server process because the new version of MP2 auto starts the TV with the last channel viewed.

I have one frequency 509000 that produces errors and I do not understand what it means

08:45:23:763 Master Guide Data: buffer space used: 4888 discontinuities: 0
    08:45:23:763 Collecting Virtual Channel data.08:45:25:763 <e> PSIP error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: The Virtual Channel Table entry message is short
    08:45:25:763 <e> PSIP error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

and
    08:45:33:769 Virtual Channel Data: Channel count: 5 buffer space used: 23124 discontinuities: 0
    08:45:33:769 Collecting Extended Text data
    08:45:33:769 No Extended Text Data PID's in Master Guide Table
    08:45:33:769 Collecting Event Information data08:45:33:839 PID handler 0x61: CRC failed
    08:45:33:844 PID handler 0x61: CRC failed
    08:45:33:859 PID handler 0x91: CRC failed

.08:45:35:769 <e> PSIP error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: The Single Segment message is short
    08:45:36:339 PID handler 0x31: CRC failed

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    For my tests with WebEPG/imdb and EPGC/xmltv. I setup WebEPG to write directly to database for the "core channels". For xmltv, EPGC wrote tvguide.xml and I carefully used the mapping setup to only use EPGC/xmltv for the "other channels" and skip the WebEPG channels. You can also combine 2 or more tvguide.xml files using the tvguide.lst option (disable tvguide.xml). WebEPG can also write a tvguide.xml file. For the tvguide.lst I've done the following:
    It turns out that EPGC has a "merge" function to combine several .xml files into one.

It worked out for me. I set up EPGC to collect from just the one physical channel which has the channel I was missing. Then I set up the merge creating a new tvguide.xml file containing both sets of guide data. Unfortunately, it generates new channel IDs from the "other" guide file. [One nice thing the merge did was eliminate all the "duplicate" channel ids which halved the size of the list when you are mapping.]

Once the merged file existed, I re-mapped the channels in XMLTV using the new channel ids, and did a manual import. I also set up the process to run twice a day in task-scheduler, together with the 14-day schedule-grabber twice a week, with their times set up appropriately, and with EPGC not on the hour or half-hour.

Seems OK for now. TV server will see a new tvguide.xml twice a day, every day, from the new process, and twice a week from the 14-day one.

One thing that one needs to do in EPGC, I think, is to set the channel ID algorithm to "full channel ID" or some such. This was mentioned in a post by somebody in their forum, I think. (I forget just where that option is, but its in there somewhere.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It turns out that EPGC has a "merge" function to combine several .xml files into one.
    Note that the XMLTV plugin can import from multiple individual XMLTV files. That's what the lst file stuff is about. An lst file is just a text file containing a set of XMLTV file names (one per line).

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Note that the XMLTV plugin can import from multiple individual XMLTV files. That's what the lst file stuff is about. An lst file is just a text file containing a set of XMLTV file names (one per line).
    I re-configured everything that way. It will be better if and when the missing channel ever shows up in the zap2it data. I'll be able to just use the newly present channel ID instead of the one from the EPGC .xml file, and stop runnning the EPGC process.

However, it seems that XMLTV updates the guide from both of my files when only one (the little one) has changed. Seems inefficient, but maybe there's a good reason that I can't think of. (It wouldn't be the first time!!)

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    i have a short question concerning "epg collector": is it possible to watch tv via mediaportal tv-server while the "epg collector" is running?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is it possible to watch tv via mediaportal tv-server while the "epg collector" is running?
    It depends how many tuners you have and what you mean by "running".

As always, each tuner can only be used in one application (eg. MP TV Server, EPGC) at any given time. If TV Server is using it, EPGC can't (and vice versa).

If EPGC and TV Server use different tuners then the answer to your question is yes.
    If "running" means EPGC is only open and not collecting then the answer to your question is yes (because EPGC is not using any tuner).
    Otherwise the answer is no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom