EPG displays wong information for channels (scedule direct plugin enabled) (1 Viewer)

Kevin J

January 30, 2015
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello Everyone,

I have switched over to media portal for frontend and server after XBMC turned into kodi and all the live tv stopped working. I am successfully streaming OTA tv from a windows 8.1 server to windows 8.1 and windows 7 devices running mediaportal as a front end. Everything is working fine except the EPG. I am using the schedule direct plugin and it functions correctly, It is listing the correct channels but the data (show title and info is incorrect) I've looked through the guides and the forums but haven't found anything on how to fix this.

I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing I just need someone to point it out.

Thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Kevin :)

Everything is working fine except the EPG. I am using the schedule direct plugin and it functions correctly, It is listing the correct channels but the data (show title and info is incorrect) I've looked through the guides and the forums but haven't found anything on how to fix this.
    To be clear, are you saying:
    1. The data is incorrect only for the occasional program.
    2. The data for some channels is completely wrong (eg. the data for channel A is showing against channel B).
    If the answer is (1), that is outside our control. You'd probably need to report this to SD so that they can check the quality/correctness of the data with their upstream data provider.

If the answer is (2), my advice would be to switch to mc2xml. The SD plugin often doesn't match up the EPG data with channels correctly. You can use the mc2xml program with your SD subscription to get the EPG data in the form of an XMLTV file. From there you can import the XMLTV file with TV Server's XMLTV plugin. The XMLTV plugin enables you to specify which guide data channel should be linked to each TV Server channel.

Regards,
    mm

Kevin J

January 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm1352000,

thanks for the fast reply. It is problem #2 data for incorrect channels is being displayed, I have started the switch to mc2xml as per your advice. I'm getting stuck as webepg does not seem to map for Canada (Calgary Alberta with 6 channels OTA). The Tv mapping tab doesn't map any of the channels, this leads to XmlTV not finding a tvguide.xml. Again I'm sure there is a simple fix but I'm having trouble finding it, if you have any thoughts on this I would appreciate your help again.

Kevin

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Kevin

I'm getting stuck as webepg does not seem to map for Canada...
    WebEPG? What are you using WebEPG for? :confused:
    If you're following the advice that I gave you, the only things you need are mc2xml and the [built-in] TV Server XMLTV plugin. WebEPG is not required.

The Tv mapping tab doesn't map any of the channels, this leads to XmlTV not finding a tvguide.xml.
    Okay, I think you may be referring to the WebEPG TV mapping tab. Again, the WebEPG plugin is not required and should be disabled.

The file that the XMLTV plugin needs (tvguide.xml) is generated by mc2xml. It is the file containing the SchedulesDirect EPG data. The original name assigned by mc2xml is probably xmltv.xml. You'll have to rename to tvguide.xml.

Step by step instructions for using mc2xml with XMLTV plugin are in our wiki. Perhaps they'll help.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

Regards,
    mm

Kevin J

January 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello again!,

Well that really cleared thing up, I immediately located the problem between the keyboard and the chair :). Oops, I have no idea how I got to where I was but after reading your post and the guide you pointed me to I got everything running in about 1/2 an hour. Most of that time was finding the right channel for mapping. I think what got me messed up the first time around was that mc2xml didn't create the xmltv.xml file anywhere I could find and that led to an avalanche of errors.

Anyway everything is working perfectly now and I'm going to have to wait a week to confirm I wrote the windows scheduled task correctly so that the guide updates properly.

thanks for the help

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom