Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello,

I am having trouble with specific EPG Genre showing up properly on my client.

The issue is that a specific mapped genre refuses to properly show up on my client pc, meanwhile other mapped genres that fall into the same genre category do show up properly on the client TV Guide.

In order to explain the issue better lets suppose that I got only 1 Media Portal Genre named "Show" and under this genre I mapped 2 Program Genres "Передача Биографическая" and "Передача ТВ-шоу", I setup my client to apply red color to Media Portal Genre "Show" and as a result I expect that both these Program Genres show up as red in my TV Guide. Well here exactly is where the issue is, while "Передача Биографическая" will indeed show up as red, "Передача ТВ-шоу" doesn't get any color and show up as completely unmapped in my TV Guide, I noticed that this is happening ONLY for "Передача ТВ-шоу" and all the rest of my mapped genres are working perfectly fine.

Capture.JPG

Till now I tried a fresh TV Server installation, a fresh Client installation, a fresh tvguide.xml and nothing seems to help, it is as if MediaPortal doesn't like this name and refuses to properly either map it or show it.

Below u will find TV Server log files and a tvguide.xml

Thanx in advance.

Attachments

• tvguide.xml
      4 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi :)

For colouring to work, there are several requirements:
    1. Guide data is okay.
    2. Guide data is imported correctly.
    3. TV Server genre map configuration is correct.
    4. MediaPortal genre colour configuration is correct.
    The information you've provided only enables me to check #1. I don't see any obvious problem with the tvguide.xml file.

Checking #2 will require access to your server.
    Checking #3 will require either an export of your settings (TV Server Config -> Import/Export) or access to your server.
    Checking #4 will require either access to the client settings (MediaPortal.xml) or access to your client.

Please choose how you'd like to proceed. :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello @mm1352000

I am able to give u access to both server and client over TeamViewer, let me know when and how u want me to provide u with ID and PW.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now is a good time. I'll start a private conversation with you so that you can send the the TeamViewer details...

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I noticed something, i think u also did.

It is capital vs non capital, the capital TV Show is working but the TV show is not and it doesnt even show up so that u can map it.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For anybody reading this thread in future, we found that there is indeed a bug. It's a case sensitivity problem. An example with category/genre "Test"...

The tvguide.xml contains programs with categories "Test" and "test". These categories are imported into the database correctly as "Test" and "test" respectively. However only "Test" OR "test" is available to map in TV Server Config -> EPG Genre Map. This is due to a MySQL case sensitivity quirk (MySQL DISTINCT is not case sensitive).

One workaround (probably only suitable for experts) is to manually map the required category by editing the corresponding "genreMapEntry..." setting in the database Setting table. The contents of the "genreMapEntry..." settings is a '{' separated list. So, if you wanted to map "Test" and "test" to the 3rd genre, you'd set the "genreMapEntry2" setting value to "Test{test".

Another possible workaround (again, probably only suitable for experts) may be to try to configure your database with a case-sensitive collation.
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/charset-mysql.html

A final workaround would be to ensure that your tvguide.xml doesn't contain category names that only differ in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom