[confirm] EPG Grabber stops when changing from Manual to another tab (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Firstly, let me say I haven't had the aerial connected to my tuner all day, so ignore anything in the logs before about 17:50 (or maybe a bit later).

Anyway, after plugging in the aerial, I could see the EPG Grabber was running in the Manual tab but when I went to the PowerScheduler tab, it would show "Prevented by EPG grab" briefly but then this would disappear. Checking with powercfg /requests also showed that nothing (other than Iron which I have open) was preventing standby, when normally I see Legacy Kernel Caller when the grabber is running. Switching back to the Manual tab and the grab would restart again.

I had a quick look at the logs and it seems that even after I connected the aerial, it was still throwing up these messages

[2013-08-29 17:59:29,645] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - Epg: card:3 could not tune to channel:NoSignalDetected

and it was only after I stopped and restarted the service that this was resolved.

After I stopped and restarted TVService and left it on the Manual tab I think the grab completed as powercfg kept showing Legacy Kernal Caller was active on repeated checks. I just manually restarted the grab and switched to the PowerScheduler tab and it does stop the grabber, so that appears to be unrelated to the aerial not being connected and having to restart the service to get things working after connecting it.

I didn't try and tune into a channel before restarting the service but I can't imagine that would have worked if the grabber couldn't tune.

Perhaps there's a good reason why the service won't work without being restarted after connecting the aerial but it seems like it would be good to fix this if possible, so that it's not necessary if the aerial comes out, fails temporarily, etc to have to restart the service.

EDIT: I've edited the title as it seems to stop the grab whenever I move from Manual to any other tab.

I've attached a second set of logs as TV Server Config crashed when I closed it and then shortly after I noticed that powercfg indicated it had started grabbing again, despite just having done a full 12min grab. This was when I opened config again and noticed the grabber seems to stop whenever I move from Manual to another tab.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom