MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB AGP
Video Card Driver: 10.4
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I've just done a fresh install of XP and MP. The EPG is currently one hour ahead, so that it shows that currently (00:34) Channel 4 is showing "Music Rooms" whereas that doesn't start until 01:10 and what's actually currently on is "The Sum of All Fears". The clock on the PC is showing the correct time, so I'm confused as to what would be causing this.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where are you getting the epg from, dvb or xml, dvb cannot be adjusted to my knowledge, delay for time is set in the xmltv plugin if xml.

The other thing to check, make sure the Daylight Time changes, is enabled in the clock settings, not sure of the exact wording in xp.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Also your MySQL database seem to be corrupt. Please repair it or rebuild it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've repaired the database now but the EPG is still wrong, showing that currently (18:45) "A Question of Sport" is on BBC1

I'm getting my EPG from DVB OTA.

I prefer to have "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" disabled, as I find XP has a habit of changing the time when it shouldn't, so I'd rather do that manually. Surely that shouldn't affect MP anyway. I've tried enabling it but it didn't help.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I prefer to have "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" disabled, as I find XP has a habit of changing the time when it shouldn't, so I'd rather do that manually. Surely that shouldn't affect MP anyway. I've tried enabling it but it didn't help.

Did you set the clock manually or did you change the time zone? You should have done the last.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it could be btw that you have to reimport the EPG data after setting the correct timezone values.

(TV Config -> Manual control -> Refresh DVB EPG)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Not sure what you mean about the clock. The Time Zone was already correct. I just ticked the "Automatically adjust clock" button, which instantly changed the clock.

I've just found that whilst the main EPG is out, the quick OSD EPG is correct, so hopefully that'll help us narrow down where the problem is.

Regarding the Refresh EPG button, I found that even though the "Refresh whilst Timeshifting" was enabled, it didn't work until I stopped LiveTV. It's grabbing now so I'll see if that's corrected the problem in a bit.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure what you mean about the clock. The Time Zone was already correct. I just ticked the "Automatically adjust clock" button, which instantly changed the clock.

I've just found that whilst the main EPG is out, the quick OSD EPG is correct, so hopefully that'll help us narrow down where the problem is.

Regarding the Refresh EPG button, I found that even though the "Refresh whilst Timeshifting" was enabled, it didn't work until I stopped LiveTV. It's grabbing now so I'll see if that's corrected the problem in a bit.

I was referring to you manual clock correction, then you should change the timezone (so not just add / subtract an hour). When applying automatic DST, technically the timezone is "changed". DVB will also send the data containing a different timezone when in DST or not.

Hopefully this resolves it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmm, now the main EPG is right but the OSD EPG is an hour behind!

All the channels in the OSD EPG also show 100%, which I believe is meant to indicate how much of the current programme is left, so perhaps that means something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom