EPG wont load data - XMLTV PLugin (1 Viewer)

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
July 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All,

Hoping someone can be off assistance as this is driving me insane.

I have followed all the guides relating to TV channels and XMLTV plugin, yet i'm unable to view any EPG Info in MP.
Importing xml file from WebEPG+ has worked, and all channels have been mapped and saved.
Watching Live TV is not an issue

Not sure what i'm missing or doing wrong. Nothing seems to import into MP.
I have attached my log files if that may assist

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Adam

mediaportalman

Portal Member
April 17, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Buddy. I came here to post the same thing. I just will never understand why getting the EPG to work in Mediaportal is so problematic. If it is not saying no data available,then it is duplicating the channel entries. Instead of rushing out another version of Mepo why don't they just simplify the epg process?

I have spent hours on two machines, but like you I am not getting any luck with populating the guide. I used the web epg plugin and was criticised for not using the DVB EPG. I have followed the instructions twice and still have no epg. I will take a look at your logs as no one else is

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
July 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Buddy. I came here to post the same thing. I just will never understand why getting the EPG to work in Mediaportal is so problematic. If it is not saying no data available,then it is duplicating the channel entries. Instead of rushing out another version of Mepo why don't they just simplify the epg process?

I have spent hours on two machines, but like you I am not getting any luck with populating the guide. I used the web epg plugin and was criticised for not using the DVB EPG. I have followed the instructions twice and still have no epg. I will take a look at your logs as no one else is

Hi. I also posted this in another area of the forum to which i solved the problem
My issue was that i had a 10hour time offset. So the epg was importing correctly, i just couldnt see..(unless i scrooled forward 10hrs)
Once i zero'd the offsett all good.

I use the xmltv plugin with epgcollector if that helps you

mediaportalman

Portal Member
April 17, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thanks for the update. I am trying with my fourth install of Media Portal. The EPG access has been an historical problem and I am really surprised that it has not been simplified is astonishing. When I explained to my neighbor what was required to get and EPG he said 'F*ck that, way too much to do, should be easier'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom