Episode Images (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

First, great plugin, been messing around with it for a while but am now just switching over the whole house to a 5 media portal + 1 TV server engine configuration.

I am running latest SVN (today).

1. Does My TV-Series automatically pull down episode imgaes for a series if they are found at http://thetvdb.com ?

2. Are these automatically displayed or do we need to create a logo rule as we do for any personally created imgaes, ie
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-t21977.html?t=21977&highlight=episode+images

3. Where are banners and episode images supposed to be stored, this post claims they have moved to thumbs but a fresh install and scan/download puts mine still in \plugin\windows\banners
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ort_22-t20111p12.html?highlight=banners+blank

4. What is the current logic for banners, the above thread says that graphics_xxx.jpg is chosen over text or blank, but in my test I appears that the newest banner is always dispayed. This is usually blank_xxx.jpg or one of the new French graphics_xxx.jpg.
    Is there a way to choose (either manually or with some sort of logical expression) which logoo you want to use for a series and then have it stick?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

1) Yes
    2) No rules needed, works automatically (the only thing is your skin needs to provided a place for them)
    3) They should be under Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners (or something like that, I can't check right now). Its weird yours arent there, can anyone confirm?
    4) It *should* work like this: The first time you import banners for a series/season it should assign the latest graphical banner (this can be a french banner since currently there is no way for me to distinguis between languages). You can change which banner to display in the configuration (just select it there). This all assuming you have the "random banner" option off.

Let me know how it goes.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok thanks.
    Well this is all poitning towards me being a n00b then :D

Having been building and tryining to live the HTPC/PVR dream now for almost 10 years I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and am turning away from a lot of my own developed code and have just comminted to switch away from Xlobby to a total Media Portal solution. I have tried Media portal quite a rew times over the years, but now feel it has matured it something special mainly due to your great My TV Series plugin. Ok, enough of the big up ;)

So I guess i am not infact correctly upgrading to the latest version. Here is my process, correct what I am doing wrong.

1. Clean windows XP install with .net everything and latest patches for all drivers, OS, etc.....
    2. Install Media poral release version 0.2.2.0
    3. Download and install latest SVN
    4. Install latest Spin Safe Revolve (seems to be the best skin for My TV Series)
    5. Install the logo pack and create rules for displaying file info, 720P, 1080P, etc...
    6. Run media portal setup, point to small test subset of TV series
    7. Leave all options standard, scan files, perform download

I am assume all your plugin code is in the latest MP SVN?
    Where do I change which banner to display, is this in the setup prog plugin config or from the GUI when running MP?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Ok thanks.

I am assume all your plugin code is in the latest MP SVN?

No, its here.

After you install MP SVN install the plugin SVN (or wait a couple of days for a stable build which is just around the corner).

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Ahha, missed that bit.
    Experimental version is fine for me, all my machines are HTPC only boxes for this and I have a clean snapshot of them specifically for this purpose.
    Will give it a go tonight when I also hope to complete by 4 DVB-T based TV engine 3 server........could be a long night!

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    All working great now.
    Got all the banners then used the drop down in the setup app to lock it to the one i want.
    Episode images are displaying correctly with no rule.
    Added all the rules for codec, audio, res, etc.... all working well.
    I am very happy now. :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    All working great now.
    Got all the banners then used the drop down in the setup app to lock it to the one i want.
    Episode images are displaying correctly with no rule.
    Added all the rules for codec, audio, res, etc.... all working well.
    I am very happy now. :)

Glad to hear that :)

bfj

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Hello,

Love the plugin, thanks a bunch :)

Couple of things though. The old 1970s show Survivors doesnt have a banner so I made one myself but cant seem to get it into the plugin.

The plugin is storing the banners here \MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\banners\

But there is no directory.. obviously because theres no banner to put there.. so I made a Survivors (It's name in the plugin entry) directory and moved my banner there. I tried to keep to the same naming system "graphical_78544-g.jpg" but its just not recognising it.

Can you give me any hint of what to do? :)

PS. The banners seem to go back to the default images after I have selected different ones.

Thanks,

bfj

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Love the plugin, thanks a bunch :)

Couple of things though. The old 1970s show Survivors doesnt have a banner so I made one myself but cant seem to get it into the plugin.

The plugin is storing the banners here \MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\banners\

But there is no directory.. obviously because theres no banner to put there.. so I made a Survivors (It's name in the plugin entry) directory and moved my banner there. I tried to keep to the same naming system "graphical_78544-g.jpg" but its just not recognising it.

Can you give me any hint of what to do? :)

Thanks,

bfj

bfj,

the best thing to do would be to get yourself an account at thetvdb and upload the banner there. Then the system will download it automatically the next time your harddrive will be scanned. Additionally, every other fan of the show can get the banner too. :)

regards
    nylonhof

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom