Episode management feature for recorded TV which is available on mp1 (1 Viewer)

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
May 15, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Episode management where you select the number of episodes of a TV program to keep is not able to be selected from the user interface. This is a feature that is available on mediaportal 1. I do rarely use this feature but it is helpful on certain series that sometimes I just don't get around to watching and don't want to end up having too many of the same series. I did notice that when I imported from mediaportal 1 into mediaportal 2 the number of episodes to keep did show in the TV setup so I'm assuming just the user interface portion is either not completed it or it was decided to remove the feature. I tried both the WMC and the blue Vision skin and neither one showed this feature.

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
May 15, 2015
Home Country
Thanks for the quick response. Couldn't seem to find a URL where it listed the items not yet implemented. There are two others but before I post those I would like to check the list.

In case it's something that the developers can access, here are the two features I found so far that are important to me. The first one is when viewing recorded TV and pressing the info button. it does not show the option to view upcoming episodes. The second one is show the position within the video when pausing or skipping. You can work around this by pressing the info button after hitting the pause or skip.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Generally speaking you would make life easier for us if you posted only one feature request per thread.:) Otherwise it is really difficult to follow up on it later since activities on different things advance at different speed.

The first one is when viewing recorded TV and pressing the info button. it does not show the option to view upcoming episodes.
    How should this work? There is currently no reliable way to identify episodes in the EPG. All you see is the series title and that's what the series recordingmanagement is based on. So at best you would see that your favorite series is braodasted once again, but you can't be sure if you haven't already watched the episode.

The second one is show the position within the video when pausing or skipping. You can work around this by pressing the info button after hitting the pause or skip.
    This has been asked before: Show time slider whilst paused, fast forward and re-wind please.
    Let me comment in a way that for everybody asing for a certain feature there is somebody else who requests exactly the opposite ;). In this specific case it has been the skinner's decision to not display the info box, probably to not hide too much of the underlying picture as many people use Pause to study details.

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    In regards to view future episodes, this is something that is available in mediaportal 1. Technically I believe it's probably not really looking for episodes, I imagine is just doing a guide search based on the name of the program and has nothing to do with episodes. Stated without regard to the specifics of the features, on a recorded program when you press the info button not all the options in mediaportal 1 exist in mediaportal 2. I can start a new thread on this particular issue if no list exists accessible to a non developer of features to be implemented.

In regards to the second one, I can understand design decisions and you have to come up with the best common denominator. No problem. And in all honesty that particular feature with something that annoyed my other half. I would truly end up putting it in this is something different not necessarily something I need category. As I stated there's other ways to get the same information it's just different.

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    I will but I will also put it in a new thread as you have requested because it seems that might be easier for you to track if it does turn out to be an actual new feature. I am typing up the new thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom