Episode name creator for aired (1 Viewer)

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi

I made small program which renames predefined series into tvseries format. I'm using it until tv series can use episode name from epg data to identify it.

I live in Finland and epg doesn't include season and episode information. This prevented me from using tvseries plugin as main interface for recorded programs (series).

My semiautomatic episode name creator works in a following way. First you have text file with information about series you are recording and you want to watch from tvseries. My current text file:

Entourage;Entourage;04;9;
Kovan onnen kundi;My Name Is Earl;03;6;
Pasila;Pasila;02;9;
Jekyll (ja Hyde) (K15);Jekyll;01;5;
Mad men;Mad men;02;6;
Kauniit ja rohkeat;Bold and the beautiful;12;18;

All data are divided with ';'. First data is the name of program taken from epg. Next is the name you want to rename it, then there is season and last there is episode.

Program reads this file, compares first data against given (recorded) file and if it's a match it renames it with 2,3 & 4 data. After renaming it, rewrites series data text file with increased episode number.

example: Kovan onnen kundi_03_03_09_18_00.ts would become My Name Is Earl.S03.S06.ts. Now it's in a format that tv series can use. And next time it is recorded it would be My Name Is Earl.S03.S07.ts.

I have following arguments in processing command in 4TR. It is run when recording ends.

-sd C:\Users\Public\Videos\series.txt -fn %%FILE%%

-sd means series data file, -fn means recorded program

Limitations:
You can't for example record at the same time same series from season 1 and season 3.
You have to manually change season number when it changes.
It cannot distinguish 'Mad men' and 'Mad' series from each other. (Data 1 have to be in the beginning of series name but it can be shorter than it)
You can't have ';' or '\' in program name.
You can't start to watch series when it is still recording. It will be renamed when recording ends.

Br, Testimies

Btw, bold and the beautiful is only for testing purposes.. (Who believes??)

Attachments

• saenc.zip
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom