Error invoking Action 'StartTimeshift' - Mediaportal 2.5 (1 Viewer)

mx-5driver

Portal Member
May 13, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
@mx-5driver did you have a chance to check this? I could be the cause for all issues and we would safe time in further follow-up of the issues in your log files.

Hi,

sorry for answering that late.
I am quite busy on my Job these days ...

To answer your Question - yes I checked this before uninstallng the .NET6 Variant of Mediaportal.
That Folder Structure was existing, so also the Windows Services which could be stopped and started without any Issues.
Basically just Live-TV Functionality was dead.

So far it looks like the .NET3.5 Variant installed without Issues.
Even the Station-Groups were still there - however they are partially unusable - some are working - others don't work.
Guess I have to delete and do a new Station-Scan and create a new Station-Group again ?

What a pity that the .NET6 Variant is really not yet stable enough to be a daily Driver. :(
I was really impressed about its gain in Performance-Speed.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guess I have to delete and do a new Station-Scan and create a new Station-Group again ?
    I'm not really sure, but it seems to be the most reliable way, though effort is needed to recreate them.

What a pity that the .NET6 Variant is really not yet stable enough to be a daily Driver. :(
    I was really impressed about its gain in Performance-Speed.
    That's always the problem with introduction of breaking changes. We are a really small team and are lacking dev resources, so we can never check all scenarios. We have even involved some pilot users into testing before the release and they had no issues. The issues need to be fixed now step by step, so there will be a a stable .NET6 version.

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version.
    Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all.
    I just wanted to:
    • understand current Status & Situation
    • understand my Options for a stable System
    • improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts

Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the Fact that all this is done for free in your Leisure Time, I highly appreciate your Efforts in this great Project.

Thanks very much for your Support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom