Error is configuration: core.dll, databases.dll and utils.dll not found (1 Viewer)

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks,
I have a strange error with my MP 1.5 installation. Yesterday I tried for the first time to set up movie info grabber in the configuration and the list of grabbers is always empty.
video config.jpg

I updated grabber scripts and internal grabbers and the list is still empty. In Configuration-Error.log I have errors that dlls are not found.

[2013-12-30 19:14:53,701] [Config ] [3 ] [ERROR] - Script grabber error file: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo\Allocine_fr.csscript, message : error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei core.dll konnte nicht gefunden werden.

error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei databases.dll konnte nicht gefunden werden.

error CS0006: Die Metadatendatei utils.dll konnte nicht gefunden werden.

I have two machines, one with MP server and MP client in the living room and a desktop PC with MP client. After it didn't work in the living room I tried the desktop PC with same result. I reinstalled 1.5 and nothing changed. All three DLLs exist with date 2013-09-27 13:13

Regards
uxDesign

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
I upgraded to 1.6 and the problem persisted. Because I wanted to upgrade to MySQL 5.6 I did a complete clean installation and the problem is gone. Seems to be causes by some old stuff during upgrades. I started with 1.3 years before and upgraded to 1.4 and 1.5.

--- Edit ---
Yesterday I recognized a lot of 'access denied' in MP log concerning the scripts. It turned out that the scripts have no right set for the local non admin user I'm running Windows with. I changed permissions and the errors disappeared but in the configuration I had only one script without these access errors and that was the one I wanted to use. After playing with access control and editing the script to find out what's going on even this one causes the meta data library not found exceptions. I trying to set up a dev environment on my desktop where the same problem occurs. I keep you informed.

Last edited:

Trigo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, I have the same problem with 1.6.0. Are there some news?
    Thanks.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here, the problem persists.

After the update to 1.8 i had the great idea to renew the video database after a long time.

unfortunately without success, similar old updated installation like uxDesign
    same blank menu and error message:
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'core.dll' could not be found
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'databases.dll' could not be found
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'utils.dll' could not be found

I use it not really but it's nice to have it if it works.

Cheers.

morfius

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2011
    Valladolid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, check for this lines at start of script
    //css_reference "core.dll";
    //css_reference "Databases.dll";
    //css_reference "utils.dll";
    The references are necessary before using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom