SOLVED: Error on startup and failure to resume from standby (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have just done a clean install of MP1.5 Final. I have installed my usual plugins and Titan Extended. I guess I should state right off the bat I am using DJBlu custom data grabber on top of this installation.

So when MePo starts up, right before the main GUI appears (so whilst the splash screen is still visible) I get a Mediaportal has stopped working error. Sometimes it appears right before MePo starts and with MePo set to always be on top, it becomes hidden. MePo is perfectly response and may be used as normal.
    However sometimes the error ends up with focus and you need to grab a keyboard to be able to close the error (by selecting close mediaportal - which doesnt actually close it) and then you can go ahead and use MePo as normal.

Maybe related, but also after the machine goes to sleep and wakes, all I see is the error message on my desktop, a missing taskbar and no MePo. I can press the green button to fire MePo back up from the tray launcher and it opens fine and is usable but it doesn't automatically start.

The error message:
    Code:
    Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:   mediaportal.exe
      Problem Signature 02:   1.5.0.17
      Problem Signature 03:   525158c5
      Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
      Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:   503f01b1
      Problem Signature 07:   12a8
      Problem Signature 08:   14
      Problem Signature 09:   System.MissingMethodException
      OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:   2057

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Timeline of logs (MediaPortalLogs_20_10_13__09_30.zip):
    Approx 8.54 start mepo after a restart of windows
    Approx 8.55 error message appears but mepo starts ok
    MePo is then left untouched waiting for the 30min sleep period
    Approx 9.25 system goes to sleep from MePo initial screen
    Approx 9.28 wake system and stuck on the desktop looking at the error message and no taskbar (probably the one from the initial startup not a new instance), close the error.
    Approx 9.29 Start MePo from the green button (get another error message as MePo starts)
    Approx 9.30 Close MePo and taskbar is back

Any help much appreciated![DOUBLEPOST=1382259033][/DOUBLEPOST]Logs from debug mode (MediaPortalLogs_20_10_13__09_48.zip) no error popped up this time so I guess a plugin is causing this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom