Error when importing Covers through AMC Updater (1 Viewer)

Stefan Borg

June 9, 2015
Home Country
Malta Malta
Hello everyone,

I was a happy user of MyFilms for MP for the last year and a half! I'm not sure if anyone has or has seen this same problem as me, I have looked in the forum and online, so apologies if there is a thread which already answers my question.

I have noticed that recently (in the last few days actually) covers were not automatically downloading anymore for movies I add to my collection. All the other details, movie info, fanart etc were downloading fine, but not covers. When I open "MyFilms Configuration" and "Import" to run the AMC Updater manually, I go to "View Movies" and then I select one of the movies which has the cover missing. I click on "Update movie" and IMDB-Full returns the attached list of available movies (see attached screenshot). The first one in the list is the correct one, so I click OK. Then I get the attached error saying:

Error adding data ("Picture") to Movie Update Catalog" Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path2

I have two Media Portal PCs, which were working fine and now are suffering from the exact same problem. These Media Portal PCs run Windows 10 and all the changes they get are Windows updates, and every once in a while I check for any updates to the Media Portal plugins.

I also regularly take system snapshots with a disk imaging software and to be sure that there was no change or update which broke Media Portal I went to the snapshot of 1/1/16 when I am 100% sure the covers were updating. When I recovered it, the problem is still there so it's not a matter of something changing on the PC, and I am more inclined to suspect that something changed with the AMC update process over the internet with IMDB maybe? or something else got updated with scripts or similar?

All the paths in MyFilms configuration and AMC Updater configuration have not changed, and are all accessible (in fact there are the covers of the old movies in the collection there). And as I said I have two Media Portals and both started having the same problem exactly at the same time.

Does anyone have this problem? Anything I'm missing? I'll appreciate any feedback which you may have!

I'll be glad to provide any other information should you need to ask any question!

IMDB-Full Result has cover available.jpg error when cover is being downloaded.jpg

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Stefan, I assume this is due to changes of the website, so the grabber script needs to be updated. You can cross check this by using a different scraper script, e.g. tmdb - there you still should get the covers.
    To fix the issue, the grabber script needs to be fixed - and those updates won't be available as online updates because of the freeze of google code (that was hosting the script updates).

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... I have made a fix to the script - it's only tested for the movie you posted, so let us know, if it works good for other movies too

Attachments

• IMDB-Full.xml
      27.2 KB

ejs596

September 27, 2011
    Hi, this fixed script has been working for a while but I think IMDB may have changed the url again. I had a go at updating the script but couldn't quite make sense of the image link line. I think the params look something like:

Param1=/rm
    Param2=http://akas.imdb.com/media/rm #image number here# id="img_primary">.*?href="/media

Could you post an explanation of how this is used and what it should now be? An updated script would be great but the understanding of how it's used so it's easy to tweak for future changes would be awesome.

Cheers

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... have you checked the Wiki here and here?
    Regarding your question about the image/cover:
    You have to set the "URL Cover" in a way, that the result is the downloiad link for the image you want to load.
    Simplest versionis: This is done based on the base page of the movie
    Enhanced version: Many sites provide a higher resulution image on a subpage, e.g. when you click on the image. In that case, you set the "URL redirection Cover" to result the sub page - and set the "URL Cover" same as above, but selecting the "URL redirection cover" as "sub page" on the details edit screen.
    The preview will show you, if it works as you intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom