errors during setup - cannot complete roms import (1 Viewer)

roybj

February 12, 2011
Hi,
first of all, thanks a lot for your time put into this plugin, I cant wait to get everything running in my living room!
I am having problems scanning my rom collection: I have the full MAME rom collection (8800 roms) which i try to scan with the latest Emulators2 downloaded less than a week ago, unfortunately I keep getting exceptions errors: out of memory exceptions and invalid argument exceptions, which after completing the initial scan it goes into another step where it hangs usually with an out of memory exception. not sure this is always the case since it seems not consistent every time, but the scan never finished and always hangs.
I uploaded all log files (i configured mp verbosity to debug and exported all log files into a zip) which I hope will help solving this problem.
about the out of memory: I am pretty sure I am not out of memory, this is a 4gig machine, clean windows installation (only drivers and MP), the process itself at the time of exception does not take more than 100-150 megs and the system has about 1.5 gigs free.

please help!
also is there something I can do in the meanwhile? perhaps some manual steps so I can complete the scan? I am really keep on getting this thing up.

Thanks a million!
Roy.

roybj

February 12, 2011
I managed to work-around the problem by performing the scan incrementally.
I moved half the roms to a different directory, completed this scan successfully, moved another 1/4 back and so forth.
this worked.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, I will try and see what's going on o_O. Did the importer manage to make it through the first step of finding the possible matches and then fail when it actually tries to download the info for the selected matches?

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This will be fixed in the next version, I was doing something silly with the status icons and running out of handles (not memory, contrary to the exception)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom