Eurosport HD crashing TVService! (1 Viewer)

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi there!

I have a problem with MP and Eurosport HD (originally reported in the thread for the 19603 svn, but I hope to get some feedback here).

As soon as I tune to Eurosport HD (using Canal Digital/Thor 0.8 2/3) the TVService crashes. :mad:
    It takes maybe 30 seconds from I start the channel and until the service crashes. No timeshift buffer is created!

Also, if you look at the screenshot from TV Server config, you will see that everything looks OK here, but again, that's only temporarily until the service crashes!
    TV_Config_Screen.jpg

Must state that ALL other HD channels are working fine. This includes SVT HD, TV4 HD, Hist Channel HD, Discovery HD, Voom HD, Nat Geo HD and Silver HD.

In the time it takes for the service to crash, my tswriter.log file is filled with lines like this:

21-07-2008 18:23:26.479 Pid 200 Continuity error... 3 ( prev 1 )
    21-07-2008 18:23:26.479 Pid 200 Continuity error... a ( prev 7 )
    21-07-2008 18:23:26.479 Pid 200 Continuity error... 6 ( prev 3 )

The attached log file shows when I try to start timeshifting from within the TV Server configuration utility.
    Since it is the same behavior whether I try to "watch" Eurosport HD from MP or TV Server config, I have used this, in order to minimize the number of components involved.

Since OS is coming just around the corner, I would really appreciate ALL the help I can get on this!:cool:

Also, could anyone else confirm if they have Eurosport HD running?

Kind regards,
    Jan

My setup:
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: XFACE
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 32bit - SP1
    CPU Type: Dual Core
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB SATA
    Memory: 4GB (3237MB)
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: Club3D Radeon HD2600XT
    Video Card Driver: 8.52 Beta
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-FI
    Sound Card AC3: Creative SB X-FI
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.1304
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: FloppyDTV
    2. TV Card: DBV-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDP7)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft MPEG1/DD Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDP7)/ ATI
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital / Boxer
    TV: Pioneer PDP 5080XD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just realized that this problem is related to the discussion found here: HDTV Tuning details on Canal Digital.

I realized that Eurosport HD is on the same transponder which caused the previous problem, and I tried to apply the tvlibrary fix that Ambass has provided in the link above.

Now Eurosport HD is working:) - but I guess that some other stuff might be broken now, since I'm using an "old .dll" together with the RC2 release???

Ambass (or somebody else), could you provide a new fix for RC2, or even better: Implement this into the common code base (is this the right term?)?

/Jan

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: Vista 32 bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint, 200 GB
    Memory: 4 Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus P5L 1394
    Video Card: Nvidia 8500 GT
    Video Card Driver: 158.24
    Sound Card: built-in
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft
    h.264 Video Codec: Core AVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Thor 0.8°W
    HTPC Case: Accent HT400
    Cooling: 80 mm FAN (chassi), std CPU cooler
    Power Supply: 400W, 120 mm FAN, ?
    Remote: MCE
    TV: LG PC1 50" 1366*768 Plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

I've haven't been able to watch any of my HD channels lately and i just remembered the problems that i used to have with the Euro soccer HD channels & that i downloaded a temporary fixed TVlibrary.dll. I downloaded it and now all my HD channels are working again. Seems like Canal Digital has changed some things which made the "Euro Soccer HD channel problem" occur in all their HD channels.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Laban, I'm only experiencing the problem on the Eurosport HD channel, all other HD channels are working fine.

The reason that it is NOT working on Eurosport HD, is that it is now (since July 3rd) on the same transponder as the TV4 HD Fotboll.
    If I understood the original problem correctly, this was something related to the high bandwidth used for this transponder(?).

So if you, like me, are on the Canal Digital/Thor 0.8, I do not think that you should have problems with all HD channels.
    After you have used the privious fix from Ambass, you have to "reset" you FloppyDTV for stuff to work normally again with RC2. This you can do by unplugging your firewire cable while restarting the htpc. Also, remove the CI module while restarting.
    After that all other channels than Eurosport HD should work for you with the RC2 tvlibrary.dll.

If you feel in the mood for it, could you try this out? That would confirm if we are in fact having the same problem...

/Jan

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think we have the same problem because I unplugged the CAM and the Floppy dtv, did a restart and now all HD channels except Eurosport HD are working again with the RC2 TVLibrary.dll. :D

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Laben, I'm not sure, if you are following the "mother thread" to this issue found HERE?

Anyway, Ambass have created a new RC2 fix for the TVLibrary.dll, which I must recommend you to install.
    Now everything (at least related to HDTV ;-)) is working really nice:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom