[Existing feature]Display Program numbers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
There's an option in MP config that you can display the channel numbers in EPG.

As those numbers do not reflect the order in which the programs are stored I'd like to have an option where you can see the program number in EPG.

This way it's easier to search through the EPG and later switch to a program you found some way at the bottom of the EPG.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What do you mean by program number? A program does not have a number.

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Display Program numbers

Hi riksmith

Yes I know that there's no "program number" as such.
Let me describe what I mean:

Every channel is saved or displayed in a certain place. E.g. channel xy is the first "program" -> press "1" on the remote, channel xx is the second -> press "2" on the remote and channel yy is the 105th -> press "105" on the remote. .
Now, when I scroll down through my EPG some channels and there's something I want to watch but only in 15 minutes.
This way I always have to open the EPG and scroll all the way down until I find this channel again because I don't know the "program" number.

Or is "station number" a better expression for that?

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Then i can tell you:
We already have that. The only problem is that it is not correct in the latest stable release.
0002985: Setting "Select channel by index" and "show channel numbers" does not show index in guide, but channel number - MediaPortal Bugtracker (which i solved myself but almost forgot)

If you want to try you could use the alpha version of 1.2.0 (it is an alpha, so would be at your own risk).

In the TV settings check:
Select channels by index.

That should show the index number of the channel instead of the assigned channel number.

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Display Program numbers

O.k. then it's a bug, not a missing feature. And it's called "index" :D

Thank you very much for your explanation - I'll be waiting until the next stable release.
This post/thread can be deleted as this is not a missing feature. Sorry for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom