Exiting 3rd Party Programs using MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Black Magix

March 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, So far I'm very impressed by MediaPortal. I've liked the interface and the way everything flows.

Last night I did a bit of research and found the My Emulator plugin for media portal. I started playing around with it and got everything hunky dory with ePSXe and Media Portal. I played final fantasy VIII for a period of time and then it occured to me...I have no way to return to media-portal as I have no keyboard or mouse plugged into my HTPC, everything is remotely controlled using my Harmony 880 or my Logitech Wingman. (I'm into wireless with my HTPC.) This leaves me with a conundrum. Yes everything works great, however, with no keyboard or no mouse, I have no real way to exit programs to return to media portal. Is there a better plugin (I saw My Programs) or better way then VNC'ing into my HTPC just to pass an ESC command?

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
try mapping esc to a remote control button?
Maybe with eventghost? Eventghost is pretty powerful when it comes to doing stuff only for certain windows.

Anthraxdk

Portal Member
February 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Since the "ESC" didnt work for me I mapped a button to run the "program" in IR Server Suite

Make it run this : taskkill /IM epsxe.exe /F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom