Experiences with TVEngine 0.3 (1 Viewer)

haystak

Portal Member
May 12, 2006
Yeah, I've tried that. GPOE is not one of the plugins that is offered. I tried adding the 2 security plugins, but they don't seem to have the options I need either. I've downloaded 2 spreadsheets from MS that have some of the policies and they're mappings in the registry. I guess I'll need to go over that with a fine toothed comb. If anyone finds anything though, please share. :)

haystak

Portal Member
May 12, 2006
Well, I've decided to go back to XP Pro, but in case anyone wants to know, the registry key is HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft

from there create the new key "WindowsMediaCenter"

select the new key and then create a new DWORD value under that called "MediaCenter" and give it a value of 1.

Reboot.

I believe this will completely prevent MediaCenter and all of its related services to start up.

You can also change it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
I found this in another forum:

* Disable the MCE Services (credit Motofreak75)

1. Open MMC
2. Load the group policy object editor
3. Open the Local computer policy
4. User config
5. Admin templates
6. Windows components
7. Windows Media Center
8. Do not allow Media center to run : Enable

Removing ehtray.exe form the autostart does not work in Vista, because the settings are restored on every start. This has solved my remote problems and now MediaPortal 0.2 works fine under Vista.

But the major problem with some missing channels under 0.3 is still a show stopper for me. In another thread a user reported the same problem but he did not get any feedback.

BTW under 0.2 these channels work without any problems.

Christoph

This works under Win 7 RC1 also

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom