Experimental TsReader development (4 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    But I'm not 100% sure if it is really needed. Probably it is better not to flush since it would cause much bigger wholes in the timeline (all queued data in decoders and renderers would be dropped).

My feeling too - the cure would be worse than the problem. I can think of a better workaround which might help.

What comes to discontinuity handling, the old TsReader has worked with short discontinues at least. I have one .ts file that is having hundreds of different types of dropped data gaps - audio renderer is passing that "reference" without any issues. So the assumption about short gaps causing the renderer queue to behave badly is probably wrong. It must be something else.

A log with the sample timestamps would reduce the quessing a lot :)

OK - question for Wouter1971 - if you use the standard MP 1.2.1/1.2.2 TsReader.ax + MP AudioRenderer, does the A/V sync problem happen ?

Tourettes - can I download the corruption test file from somewhere ?

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes - can I download the corruption test file from somewhere ?

Seems that I have lost that sample :( It was a tv recording that had gone horribly bad. I guess we just need to create a corrupted recording to allow more detailed testing.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK, thanks - I have a few corrupted recordings that people have donated/uploaded, but these have mostly long (several seconds) gaps rather than short corruptions, plus one of my own with maybe 20 short corruptions in 30 minutes (TVServer was having problems that evening...)

Tony

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Owlsroost, Tourettes,

I have enabled sample logging as Tourettes requested. Have to do some more testing for the stock tsreader and mpaudiorenderer. Running now with nostopmod39, mpaudiorenderer and sample logging. Will check if i can make a sample too but have to wait for some corruption. I'll be back. :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Devs,

National Geographic HD TV recording playback. First logging with nostopmod39 tsreader and second logging with stock 1.2.1 tsreader.
    Sampletimes logging enabled.

Greetings,

Wouter

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Devs,

National Geographic HD TV recording playback. First logging with nostopmod39 tsreader and second logging with stock 1.2.1 tsreader.
    Sampletimes logging enabled.

Greetings,

Wouter

So do you get the A/V sync problem with both TsReaders ?

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I can't see any discontinuities due to signal corruptions in either TsReader.log - were there any ?

Tony

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't see any discontinuities due to signal corruptions in either TsReader.log - were there any ?

Tony

It's both playback of a recording not LiveTV. In this case i did not see corruptions just audio/video going out of sync.
    Bad example?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Tony

It's both playback of a recording not LiveTV. In this case i did not see corruptions just audio/video going out of sync.
    Bad example?

No, but I think it means that the problem is not because of signal corruptions......so does it slowly drift out of sync, or jump out at some point ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom