Experimental TsReader development (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

its really amizing what you're doing.

But I still hope someone can fix this 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    Switching from/to MTV Live HD (to/from a sd channel) triggers this issue almost every time (sd mpeg2 <---> hd mpeg2,not h264)
    If I ignore negative pat changes in tsreader, the looping is gone but I still get a 5sec freeze.

I know about that bug (it's a seeking accuracy problem with RTSP), so it's kind of on the background 'to-do' list ;)

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: Experimental TsReader development

I get a little bit of audio stutter on channel change when using LAV audio plugin. However, I normally use AC3Filter as my renderer, and have AC3Filter as Postprocess plugin. When doing this, there is a LOT of audio and video stutter for around 30 seconds on channel change. Eventually it sorts itself out, but it happens on every channel change.

Same here for me and my friend too. On my Sytem with ATI Graphics there is no stuttering. On my Systems with Intel HD Graphics (Intel core I3 2nd Gen.) it is not possilbe to show any TV so much stuttering.

Thanks for the feedback - I know v30 isn't perfect, but I needed some other people to try it and find the problems :) - improvements (hopefully) are in the pipeline....

Tony

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok. here are the logs from my main system, wich has a amplifier etc. 5.1 DTS etc. On this system it's much worse.. when i tune to a HD channel who has MPEG2 audio; i hear some audio stutter, and it fixes itself; but.. when i change to AC3 (on that same channel / or zap directly to a HD/AC3 channel) the stuter of audio remains.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i did was enabling the /debugoptions of mediaportal configuration and enable "disable audio/video sync slow motion".
    And enable "use UNC path" option too on my clients.
    It's perfect after that.

Sinus2K

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    Düsseldorf
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Hi together,

i have the issue with stuttering sound on AC3 too. Thereby it doesn't matter if it's an HD or SD channel.
    Enabling UNC Paths and Disable slow down doesn't do the trick for me.
    On MPEG2 sound your ts reader works great. So please keep on doing the good work :) I also can submit logs if it would help.

:D

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's correct. On AC3 in combination with mpaudiorenderer i get the audio stuttering too for 5 seconds after channel change. Stopped using mpaudiorenderer for tv for now until this is fixed, i prefer a stable tv picture for now and that's better then ever in my opinion.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried version31, mostly the same as 30, but slightly better.
    I get around 3-4 audio stutters on normal SD channels, en 4-6 audio stutters on HD.
    On HD channels the stutter remains, with an interval of 30sec.
    Attached the log, the last channel zap has the most stutters.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've tried version31, mostly the same as 30, but slightly better.
    I get around 3-4 audio stutters on normal SD channels, en 4-6 audio stutters on HD.
    On HD channels the stutter remains, with an interval of 30sec.
    Attached the log, the last channel zap has the most stutters.

Thanks for feedback :)

Are you using UNC paths for timeshifting ?

Does it work OK for playing recordings ?

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Here 30 and 31 are running perfectly with Mediaportal and Forthrecord. The remaining small problems(e.g tuning) seems to be 4TR related:). I'm using UNC on my multiseat setup.
    Thanks so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom