Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The mod38 run fine, the 42d & 43 not.

I speak of resume problem, not video problem...

Did you try v41 (this is the first version with the extra file IO thread) ?

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think yes but I don't remember so let's go for 41 test... answer after some sleep/resume cycles.

Edit : Has been fast : 1st test -> problem :)

TsReader is not in any way aware of the S3/S4 sleep cycles - it must be something else that triggers the issue or just a randomly appearing TsReader issue that looks like a S3/S4 related.

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    It's not a random problem, I use v38 since 3 days without problem and I use it because I had problem since v41... It remember me some timers problems I had in a long past when I write a interrupt card software to restore memory of the Atari ST. Some syncs don't see the "resume" and was totally lost in theirs counters/timers. But it's just a idea based on my past job ;-)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It's not a random problem, I use v38 since 3 days without problem and I use it because I had problem since v41... It remember me some timers problems I had in a long past when I write a interrupt card software to restore memory of the Atari ST. Some syncs don't see the "resume" and was totally lost in theirs counters/timers. But it's just a idea based on my past job ;-)

I've seen this bug before (FreakyJ found it on another thread) - it's not related to suspend/resume, it's just random chance (an initial stream parsing problem introduced in v41) - it should be fixed in the next version :)

Tony

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Cool ! Now that MP work very fine we will have a totally WAF config without problem during use. (Perhaps I need also to stop to use alpha/beta version ;-)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm still experiencing intermittent audio cutouts every day with LiveTV. If I rewind and replay the section they don't reoccur, which I think rules out a signal problem. I don't have any problems when playing movies files either.

In the attached logs, I noticed it around 22:02 on the 23rd and around 00:05 on the 24th. I'm using v0084_part_DWM_dshowhelper and nostopmodv41, both of which are necessary for smooth playback on my system.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'm still experiencing intermittent audio cutouts every day with LiveTV. If I rewind and replay the section they don't reoccur, which I think rules out a signal problem. I don't have any problems when playing movies files either.

In the attached logs, I noticed it around 22:02 on the 23rd and around 00:05 on the 24th. I'm using v0084_part_DWM_dshowhelper and nostopmodv41, both of which are necessary for smooth playback on my system.

There's some sort of performance/latency problem - you are getting a 'Dropping sample from the past' messages in the evr.log periodically.

The audio dropouts probably tie in with the 'Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock' messages - these are because TsReader is running out of data in the timeshift file (the playback 'clock' - which comes from the audio renderer - is probably running slightly faster than the broadcaster clock, so after a while TsReader has to pause the playback to allow things to catch up).

Try pausing TV for a few seconds at the start and see if that helps.

Tony

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

I will revert to v039 until i saw also some hangs with 041 and 043. This only occurs after standby/resume. So hope the next version will fix it.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

Tried 0043 and had severe problems with freezing. Sometimes live tv froze in after some minutes, sometimes after a longer period of time. But 0043 ran stutter-free, that's very good.
    But I reverted back to 0039,there's sometimes little stuttering, but no freezing.

I need the logs for v43 - I can't investigate problems without them (it works OK for me....)

I know you tried v42d - did that have the freezing problems ?

Tony

mcrob83 - are you running RTSP, UNC or single-seat ?

When it freezes, do both video and audio stop, or just one of them ?

Can un-freeze it by pausing or skipping back etc ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom