Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If you don't use CoreCCParser, you can keep to '0' :p

Or any other "random" DS filter that might inject itself inbetween ffdshow video decoder and TsReader. It would be possible to traverse all the filters from TsReader video output pin to EVR/VMR video input pin and remove the registry hack. I would say it would be worth as it would save the error reports we are getting because of the broken ffdshow.

...ffdshow really should fix up their broken timestamp handling :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you don't use CoreCCParser, you can keep to '0' :p

Correct (y)

The FFDShow sync fix is enabled automatically when FFDShow video decoder is directly connected to TsReader.ax output pin, but using the 'CoreCCParser' filter (for US/Canada 'close caption' decoding) breaks this.....

Tony

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Maybe I'm imaging it, but I feel like it causes more judder during channel start on a change. But otherwise works OK, can't really tell a difference. Should I?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Maybe I'm imaging it, but I feel like it causes more judder during channel start on a change. But otherwise works OK, can't really tell a difference. Should I?

No...

As you are in the UK, if you watch Freeview HD and look at the render stats, you might notice it doesn't report 24 Hz in 'Rept FPS:' sometimes, but you'll probably only notice a difference if you use MPAR with TV in that situation.

Tony

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Tony

Not sure whether I have ever mentioned this before, but the very first time I try one of your updated tsreader.ax, I always end up with a black screen with audio, skipping back\foward will not correct, second and any subsequent start of any kind work perfectly, with both video and audio showing, this is just with overwriting old with new file.

Wanted to point this out for anyone else who may wish to test these binary releases.

Great work, trying out v66 now :D

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    noStopMod68 added to first page.

New feature: Registry key added to adjust data buffering time - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader, set "BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds" to a (decimal) value in milliseconds (range is 0 to 2000, default is 0).

Note - this will add delay to live TV channel changes since it needs time to build up the buffer before play starts.

Tony

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all,

Today I've upgraded my working MP 1.2.3 to 1.3.0b... After that, I've got black screen (can't really say if also no audio, as I'm trying remotely connected to my HTPC currently) with every video played with TSReader... So no livetv, no recordedtv. Any other video is working well...

No errors in TSReader log or MP folder related to this... Any idea what's going on? I can see as video doesn't progress from 0:00 also... ¿¿??

Attached shoot of how it looks my graph... Obviously, there's no audio... :)
    graph.jpg

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi all,

Today I've upgraded my working MP 1.2.3 to 1.3.0b... After that, I've got black screen (can't really say if also no audio, as I'm trying remotely connected to my HTPC currently) with every video played with TSReader... So no livetv, no recordedtv. Any other video is working well...

No errors in TSReader log or MP folder related to this... Any idea what's going on? I can see as video doesn't progress from 0:00 also... ¿¿??

This isn't the correct place for this question (this is a development thread)....and you'll need to post logs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom