[Music] Extend music view possibilities by allowing multiple root folders (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no selection field for file location.

Did you try adding all your files to the database to see if it speeds up shares view, by not needing to scan the files.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, as I use the database view as a default right now; directory browsing is slow as hell... (using multiseat on a wired Gigabit-LAN).
    So, to get this right, your quoted suggestion would be a solution (directory as a filter argument), but there's currently no way without utilizing MP3 tags?

If this is correct, I'd suppose that it'd be a good solution to be able to add filter arguments based on the files physical location AND to allow display of multiple filters at once (which would also result in displaying multiple "root folders", e.g. Singles, Albums, Audiobooks etc in your start view).

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, then...we're back at my first post ;) If you specify multiple folders in your MP config, wouldn't it be easy to add these "root paths" to the database on indexing and allow directories as a parameter? I still think that this would be a great expansion of the capabilities.
    And as I already stressed...yes, directory view works, but is really, really slow on large directories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom