[Music] - Extend music view possibilities by allowing multiple root folders | Page 2

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Requiem, July 28, 2013.

1. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,845 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    There is no selection field for file location.

Did you try adding all your files to the database to see if it speeds up shares view, by not needing to scan the files.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Requiem
    • Premium Supporter

Requiem MP Donator

Ratings:
    +173 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yes, as I use the database view as a default right now; directory browsing is slow as hell... (using multiseat on a wired Gigabit-LAN).
    So, to get this right, your quoted suggestion would be a solution (directory as a filter argument), but there's currently no way without utilizing MP3 tags?

If this is correct, I'd suppose that it'd be a good solution to be able to add filter arguments based on the files physical location AND to allow display of multiple filters at once (which would also result in displaying multiple "root folders", e.g. Singles, Albums, Audiobooks etc in your start view).

4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,845 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Yes. Correct. Database view relies solely on tags. No other way to seperate files.

5. Requiem
    • Premium Supporter

Requiem MP Donator

Ratings:
    +173 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Well, then...we're back at my first post ;) If you specify multiple folders in your MP config, wouldn't it be easy to add these "root paths" to the database on indexing and allow directories as a parameter? I still think that this would be a great expansion of the capabilities.
    And as I already stressed...yes, directory view works, but is really, really slow on large directories.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!