External Audio - unable to seek (1 Viewer)

AblativE

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I did a comprehensive search of the forum but couldn't find anything more recent than 2010 on the issue of external audio.

I want to load a .dts file along with a .mkv movie and it's playing the external audio fine except it doesn't allow me to seek the video. It shows the movie length as being 0:00. See below pic.

Any idea how to get around this?

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

upload_2017-9-16_9-57-43.png

AblativE

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
That's awesome thanks for the tip. Is there a way to have MP automatically prefer the external audio when playing the movie?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    That's awesome thanks for the tip.
    So it worked, right?
    Is there a way to have MP automatically prefer the external audio when playing the movie?
    I thought external audio should always be preferred :cautious:
    Anyway, first of all, try to name your external audio like MovieName.English.mka to let MP identify external track language. If your preferred language settings will comply with track language I'm sure it will be selected.
    P.s. If no we will call @Sebastiii who coded this feature by my request and ask him :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I'm just tested :) i can seek.
    Please make log with watchdog tool :p

upload_2017-9-18_22-31-46.png

upload_2017-9-18_22-32-44.png

madVR - 22-31-27.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-18_22-31-24.png
      upload_2017-9-18_22-31-24.png
      89.8 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm having a similar issue. When I try to play a video with external audio (ac3) using MPAR the video starts and ends instantly as if MP thinks its length is 0. I never reported this as I thought that external audio was never designed to work with MPAR.

@Sebastiii: Do you think this is related? If so I will provide logs as well - maybe they can help.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    Happy to read you :p
    It can be related, i did the test with default DirectSound, will try :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I did try with MPAR and it failed to connect so it didn't even try to start the video it stop directly, but with DSsound it works.
    I have try to manually connect under graphstudio (LAV splitter -> LAV Audio -> Mediaportal Audio switcher -> MPAR) and the connection between Mediaportal Audio switcher -> MPAR failed.
    So it seems MPAR didn't like Mediaportal Audio switcher, does it works with Dsound ? :)
    Thanks.

AblativE

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Sorry to dig up this thread again but I'm still not having any luck with external .mka audio to be selected automatically as the preferred audio.

I am using XySubFilter and the only way I could get forced subs to work was to tick "Override the whole audio/subtitle use stream selection from LAV filter" in the Video settings "Language" tab in MP.

This means my subs work well but I can't get it to choose the external audio automatically no matter what I do. It seems to be because LAV splitter opens 2 instances, one for the internal audio and 1 for the external audio and MP seems to always choose the internal audio as the preference regardless of what language I set the .mka file or me adding .english.mka or whatever on the end of the file. There is no setting in LAV splitter to prefer external audio.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Effectively the rework done with the option "Override the whole audio/subtitle use stream selection from LAV filter" break external audio selection but this is normal, because it's LAV splitter that handle the stream selection and not MP and then external audio will not work :(

I need to do some testing but i fear that external audio will not match the language set in MP neither in LAV because all the logic goes to MP when "Override the whole audio/subtitle use stream selection from LAV filter" is not used.

Does it works with MPC-HC Engine and when using MP to select stream ?
    MPC-HC engine should works for forced subs, so no need to use XySubFilter for this :)

Still try to reproduce and post logs :p (watchdog tool first option) i already asking for log if i remember :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom