External Audio - unable to seek (1 Viewer)

AblativE

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
I'll have a go with the logs.

I tried MPC-HC engine subs and using MP to select stream and the external audio works and forced subs works but I can't get the subs to display in the video window when using MadVR. The subs display in the black bars during a 2.35 movie which is very annoying. That's why I'm forced to use XySubFilter. But XySubFilter does not play nice with stream selection and will automatically play the first sub (not just forced) if MP is allowed to select the stream. Only when LAV splitter is selecting the stream does XySubFilter work.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok did you try the position relative to frame option ?
    upload_2017-11-2_13-29-41.png

Ps : are you able to upload somewhere a sample for me to test ? :)
    Thanks.

AblativE

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    I just tested it again and sorry I was mistaken. The subs are in the right location but forced subs are not working using MPC-HC as the sub engine despite the setting "Subtitles will only display forced subtitles" being chosen in the video settings. Also MP is set to select the streams.

Not sure if this is related to MadVR.

Edit: just tried EVR and it's the same so it's not a MadVR issue.

Edit 2: pics

Untitled.jpg Untitled.png

Last edited:

AblativE

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    I got it working. I had to choose English as the preferred language for subtitles in the video options. I had it as another language so it wouldn't always choose english before but now it's choosing forced. That's great. Thanks for your help.

So I have forced subs, external audio preferred and subtitles within the video frame so I'm happy as larry now!

One more question. Is it possible to make the subs higher using the MPC-HC engine? They are not really ideally placed for me at the moment.

Thanks

Edit: never mind I found it. Needed to edit MediaPortal.xml and change the 0 to -200 in this line line
    <entry name="adjustY">-200</entry>
    I'm on a roll today!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)
    I think "adjustY" is this option :
    upload_2017-11-2_19-50-38.png

The adjust sub.... :p but in final, it doesn't accept negative value and higher that 100. but this can be changed in xml directly like you have done good point :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom