[confirm] External player MPC-HC.exe not exiting (1 Viewer)

djcla

Portal Member
October 13, 2009
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
CPU Type: Intel E8400
HDD: 250GB Western Disgital
Memory: 4096 Corsair TwinX
Motherboard: Asus Maximus II Gene
Video Card: ATI Saphire 5670
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: n/a
Sound Card AC3: n/a
Sound Card Driver: n/a
1. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S, DVD-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2E
HTPC Case: Silverstone GD02-B
Cooling: NT01-E Fanless Heatpipe
Power Supply: 500W Silverstone ST50EF-Plus-SC
Remote: Microsoft Media Centre
TV: Panasonic TH-42PX60B
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

run in debug mode

Hi,

I have encountered a problem playing avi's and MKV's etc under videos using an external player.

1. enter videos
2. select file
3. File opens in MPC-HC refersh changer enabled in MP not MPC-HC
4. File plays fine
5. exit MPC-HC via stop button on remote mapped to exit command which works fine standalone
6. returns to mediaportal
7. cant do anything in MP as MPC-hc.exe process still running and hogging resources
8. have to manualy stop mpc-hc process in task manager
9. funtionality/control returned to MP

This does not happen every time , but on most occasions process is not properly stopped. Fault has never apeared in past using 7MC /Mediabrowser or using player standalone.

djcla

Portal Member
October 13, 2009
Anyone else getting this issue then? Im sure its the way MP handles the external player but not too sure how its setup to do so

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    External players tend not to be used by that many people.
    So when you press stop in MPC (when launched standalone) it closed the application just as if you are pressing alt+f4 ?

What parameters are you using? Read one thread which talks about using /play /close /fullscreen

djcla

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    hiya

yeah hittng stop running standalone kills the process just fine, ive never used any parameters before suing 7mc and not had any issues but you never know. I did trying setting MPC-HC to defaults and not using my CPU hungry ffdshow/MADVR setup and could not replicate fault. I fail to see why that would have any efefct on the problem though. I have switched to using the built in player using ffdshow non DXVA to do the encoding and processing with EVR for now. But i will try your suggestion and see if it makes any difference.

:D

djcla

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    i tried the switches but could not get the player to open at all for some reason .. I give up on the external player option for now and will just use the mediaportal one at the sacrafice of MadVR.

piccirilli

Portal Member
    September 24, 2009
    External players tend not to be used by that many people.

You are kidding, right? The MP internal player never worked right for bitstreaming, does not support latest codecs and renderers, etc. etc. It's far behind the eight ball in terms of development. People who are serious about HD video and audio playback exclusively use external players. I would not be using MP if the the internal player was the only option. I just wish MP had more options available for external players such as the OP posted.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi piccirilli

Not everyone is able to afford receivers and high definition televisions where you can actually tell the difference. ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are kidding, right? The MP internal player never worked right for bitstreaming, does not support latest codecs and renderers, etc. etc. It's far behind the eight ball in terms of development. People who are serious about HD video and audio playback exclusively use external players.
    And all I was pointing out is that not many people do use external players. This has nothing to do with whether external players are better or not just fact.

I am able to use the latest PowerDVD codecs, LAV and can bitstream audio (including True-HD and DTS-HD) quite happily all using the internal player.
    yes madVR is not supported but many many people are not running hardware capable of using this anyway.

I would not be using MP if the the internal player was the only option. I just wish MP had more options available for external players such as the OP posted.
    You can launch external players for video and DVDs so what more options do you want?

piccirilli

Portal Member
    September 24, 2009
    Let me back up and say I really love what MP has to offer. The GUI flexibility is next to none.
    However, I never was able to get the built in player to work in bitstream mode, beta 1.2 included. It should not be that hard to make it work, but it is. So I gave up. What is really on my wish list is the ability to select a different external player for videos, another one for moving pictures. Why reinvent the wheel? Just expand the options.

gechu

Portal Member
    November 17, 2010
    I`m using MPC-HC with MadVR and Resync and is experiencing the same problem. I´ve tried to update MPC-HC to the latest daily build, but is still having problems.

I noticed a bat file in MadVR´s directory named: "activate debug mode.bat". Running it might provide more details on this issue. I will try it later today.

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom