External subtitle / audio with Bluray playback (1 Viewer)

El_Nino

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

is it possible to include downloaded subtitles during Bluray playback?
While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select the subtitles, which are on the Bluray disc.
But when i want to select another language (e.g. on disc there are only german and english subtitles, but i want a spanish one) there is no way to select one from local storage.

I would also extend this question to a whole audio track, similiar requirement like for the subtitles.

Or is that only possible with ripping the Bluray disc and include the desired subtitles/audio tracks via tools like Media-Buddy from @Lehmden ?

Thanks in advance

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select the subtitles, which are on the Bluray disc.
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected.

I would also extend this question to a whole audio track, similiar requirement like for the subtitles.
    Same as above.

Or is that only possible with ripping the Bluray disc and include the desired subtitles/audio tracks via tools like Media-Buddy from @Lehmden ?
    Audio streams can never be selected apart from the merged ones. You'll have to use tools like the mentioned Media-Buddy to achieve that.
    Subtitles of local media can be placed into the same folder (with the same name) into the video file. You sould do that before importing it though, otherwise MP2 is not aware of it and it can be not selected. Please check out WIKI for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom