External USB Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC TV Tuner DELL BRANDED (1 Viewer)

xillwillx

February 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: MCE 2005
CPU Type: p4 3ghz w/hyperthreading
HDD:
Memory: 2 Gig
1. TV Card: External USB Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC TV Tuner DELL BRANDED
1. TV Card Driver: Version 1.0.3.5

I have a Dell Branded USB Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC TV Tuner. I couldn't get it working with the Media Center 2005.
Anyway, I have the newest driver available, and the computer itself recognizes it. However, when I try to configure it in MediaPortal, it cannot find the card. I tried to reconfig the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml with one that was sent to me from lumanate in my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<capturecards>

<!-- Copy/paste the following into CaptureCardDefinitions.xml -->
  <!-- Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC Combo Device. BEGIN -->

<capturecard commercialname="Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC Combo Device (digital setup)" capturename="WaveATSC Digital Capture" devid="vid_1009&amp;pid_0016">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft ATSC Network Provider"    checkdevice="false"/>
        <filter cat="tunerdevice"     name="WaveATSC Digital Tuner"             checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"         name="WaveATSC Digital Capture"           checkdevice="true"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice"	sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice"     sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="0"/>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC Combo Device (analog setup)" capturename="WaveATSC Capture" devid="vid_1009&amp;pid_0016">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="encoder" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner" name="WaveATSC TvTuner" checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="tvaudio" name="WaveATSC TVaudio" checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="crossbar" name="WaveATSC Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture" name="WaveATSC Capture" checkdevice="true" />
        <filter cat="encoder" name="WaveATSC Encoder" checkdevice="true" />
      </filters>
      <connections>
      	<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0" />
      	<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="4" /> 
  		<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="2" /> 
  		<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0" /> 
  		<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1" /> 
  		<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="0" /> 
  		<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="1" /> 
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

<!-- Lumanate Wave NTSC/ATSC Combo Device. END -->

</capturecards>

but when i try to open the mediaportal configuration i dont see any option under the "television" category to change the tuner card choices , am I missing some step here?

Thor79

February 5, 2009
Home Country
Something is funky with your device in windows...my guess is there's some error preventing it from working. I have the same box (my dad gave it to me after he got it with his Dell XPS M1330)...and it has worked flawlessly in both Media Center (under both Windows 7 and Windows Vista Ultimate) and Media Portal (under Vista Ultimate and XP Pro). I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work on any machine under any OS. The only exception to that was the inability to install MediaPortal in Windows 7 of course.

I currently have it hooked up to my XP Pro box running the TV Server so I can view the TV Stream on my Vista Machine. (my XP Pro box is baiscally my jack of all trades server)

My only issue is that I'd like to minimize MediaPortal's timeshifting to minimize the delay in controlling my Tivo unit.

Sorry I can't be more help. :(

xillwillx

February 3, 2009
Home Country
ok i got the tuner finally recognized , my only prblem is finding the driver for the infrared remote sensor that gets signal from the media remote, did you have a copy of that driver anywhere? I didnt know that win7 beta had media center built into it, how do you access it?

Thor79

February 5, 2009
Home Country
Again, no issues running the IR sensor...plugged it in and it was detected and installed fine in both Windows 7 and Vista Ultimate.

Windows Media Center is in the start menu under All Programs in Windows 7, just like Vista.

xillwillx

February 3, 2009
Home Country
yea it one of the dell branded mce remote the skinny one,, i can almost get it to work in media portal, except it goes crazy like i pressed the button and held it down, but i only pressed it once :mad:

Thor79

February 5, 2009
Home Country
yea it one of the dell branded mce remote the skinny one,, i can almost get it to work in media portal, except it goes crazy like i pressed the button and held it down, but i only pressed it once :mad:

yeah it seems a little wonky with how the timeshifting control works...but it's probably how I have it configured. I would go into the keymapping for the remote and check the settings. I've never done that though since I really have no interest in timeshifting in MP anyway...I just use my Tivo if I want to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom