[Pictures] Face recognition (1 Viewer)

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

In Google Picasa there is a function for face recognition. You can tag your pictures with the names of the persons that are on the picture. This information is stored in some Picasa config-file. There is a program at this site avpicfacexmptagger:main [Andreas Vogel Wiki] that reads this information and inserts it onto the tags of the image. That program does also have a viewer for displaying the face information. I think that it would be very nice to have a viewer like this in MediaPortal.

If it is based on Google Picasa and AvPicFaceXmpTagger or some other solution can be taken into consideration.

/Erik

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's a nice feature of picasa (although it sucks that they don't allow saving to xmp/itpc out of the box and store all the info in their database/xml files.

But I can tell you right now that this will never happen for MP1 because it would mean a lot of new development work. Maybe someone finds the idea so cool he/she writes a plugin for it... ;)

@MP-Team: Will picture viewing be part of the MPII core system or implemented as a plugin?

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I am very well aware of that this is not possible for MP1, but I thought that it would by a nice feature for further development. Maybee for MPII or as a separate plugin.

/Erik

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Face recognition

It's a nice feature of picasa (although it sucks that they don't allow saving to xmp/itpc out of the box and store all the info in their database/xml files.

But I can tell you right now that this will never happen for MP1 because it would mean a lot of new development work. Maybe someone finds the idea so cool he/she writes a plugin for it... ;)

Yes, would be nice - I think the Pictures part is one of the weakest parts - there had been some additions, like playing cameramovies, DB support, but altogether it's more or less just browsing the pics as they are on the Storage... maybe the combination of an external application for piucturesDB and a plugin to integrate this "managed PicturesDB" would be a good approach? Similar to the MyFilms plugin, that integrates the AMC-MovieDatabase into MePo ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom