failed to detect TV signal on new computer (1 Viewer)

TonyT

April 24, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi,
I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was eventually able to complete a successful install

Upon trying to complete the TV server config, when I try to scan for channels it doesn't detect any signal. I am using a USB TV card that I had working on the previous computer. If I disconnect the USB TV card and plug it in to the old computer and rescan for channels it successfully detects all the free to air channels. Is there a way to copy the database of the channels on the old computer or, suggestions on how I can get the card to detect channels on the new PC?

Thanks!

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    hi,
    I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was eventually able to complete a successful install

Upon trying to complete the TV server config, when I try to scan for channels it doesn't detect any signal. I am using a USB TV card that I had working on the previous computer. If I disconnect the USB TV card and plug it in to the old computer and rescan for channels it successfully detects all the free to air channels. Is there a way to copy the database of the channels on the old computer or, suggestions on how I can get the card to detect channels on the new PC?

Thanks!
    Please, we need a more information. Did you install x64 version of MP 1.32? The problem is, the TvServer in x64 installer doesn't work. You have to select TV "Client Mode" in x64 installer and use x86 MP installer to install the TvServer.
    Otherwise we need a debug logs to see what is your problem.

TonyT

April 24, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Pablik,
    Thanks for your reply.

After reading how buggy 1.32 is, I installed 1.31 and everything worked after the first install attempt.

happy camper here.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    After reading how buggy 1.32 is, I installed 1.31 and everything worked after the first install attempt.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy.
    You can try a new installers from this post if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom