Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.NullReferenceException (1 Viewer)

Recma

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hello everyone,

I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue.

I encountered a problem with my motherboard's network card which no longer seems able to connect to my box. So I switched my network connection to a PCI card. This allowed me to resolve the Internet connection problems I was encountering.

However, it seems that this manipulation caused a configuration problem on the mediaportal tv server. I get an error message when I try to access the TV-Server configuration. The dialog box is available as an attachment. I also add the watchdog logs that I was able to collect in parallel.

Dialog Box

Watchdog logs

I found a page with a similar problem (Media Portal has suddenly gone FUBAR), but in In my case, the server name and my IP address are good in the logs... There must be another problem related to this network card configuration change (Maybe Mac Adress ?), but at this point it is beyond my expertise.

Thank you for your help !

@+

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I encountered a problem with my motherboard's network card ... So I switched my network connection to a PCI card.
    I don't know what the problem is, so I can only suggest some possibilities for you to investigate.

(1) The network adapter on the motherboard has developed a fault. Did you go to Windows "Device Manager" and disable the motherboard network adapter?

(2) You fitted a PCI network adapter. Did you change its IP address-mode to static?

(3) Did you then edit the network config for the PCI network adapter and change the settings to be identical to those that were used for the motherboard network adapter? These settings will be:
    • IP address
    • Subnet mask
    • Default gateway
    • Preferred DNS server
    (4) Did you then reboot?

(5) The file "tvserver_TVService.log" has these lines near the start:

Code:
    [INFO ] - Controller: Initializing TVServer
    [INFO ] - Controller: 1 init attempt
    [INFO ] - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\gentle.config
    [INFO ] - Controller: using MySQL database connection: Server=Serveur;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password
    [INFO ] - Controller: started at Serveur
    [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.0.15
    [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    [INFO ] - Controller: DeInit.

This (I think) indicates that there is a mismatch in the IP addresses, with the result that MP thinks there are two TV servers installed on your system, which is not an allowed configuration.

(6) If you cannot solve your problem, I would suggest uninstalling MP completely, and then performing a "first time" install. Follow the steps that I described in this post.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Recma

Portal Member
    May 3, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

Thank you for this feedback!

Finally, I attempted a reconnection via my motherboard's ethernet port and resumed the complete configuration. Everything is working again now... There may have been an IP address conflict on my network which caused the first bug noted.

The error message is probably linked to the fact that I had not reconfigured the other network card. I had completely forgotten to block the IP addressing of the server... I will repost on this thread if difficulties arise again.

So to be continued.

textune

Portal Member
    July 14, 2024
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I experienced just this. I Installed MP (1.34) when attached to a test-LAN with one IP-address, in order to try DVB-C tuning via AVM6670-cable router which has a built-in DVB-C receiver. Now I am on another router and LAN where the LAN IP-address is another.

TV-server setup very soon gives up almost same error message. And similar in log file:
    "[2024-07-16 19:48:40,519] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here." ...

Question
    If not to change the LAN address of this pc, what else can I do (except un-/reinstall MP as such) ?

textune

Portal Member
    July 14, 2024
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database,

MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb;
    Database changed
    MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server;
    +----------+----------+--------------+----------+
    | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort |
    | 1 | | 10.100.32.10 | 554 |
    1 row in set (0.001 sec)

MariaDB [mptvdb]> update Server set hostName = "127.0.0.1" WHERE idServer = 1;
    Query OK, 1 row affected (0.003 sec)
    Rows matched: 1 Changed: 1 Warnings: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom