Fake Tuner in MyTV with Enigm settop box ? (1 Viewer)

ppx

January 26, 2006
Hi,

I do not know much about the .net framework nor c#, but looking at Mediaportal, I think I can not find a better reason to start getting in touch with it. Great work (did not take a look at MP for almost a year now).

My first thought was to write a MyDreambox plugIn for starters.
It should get the Channels and EPG from the receiver (later maybe utilize the WebEPG stuff that is already in MP), allow to change channes, schedule recordings on the dreambox via the EPG and watch recorded movies from the box (all fairly easy via the ehttp api) and get the video/audio via http stream (slow channel switching but good quality and AC3 sound possible) or as an alternative via a wdm Video / Audio Capture device (My old WinTV USB :) - less picture quality, but fast channel switching).

The downside of all this is: All the realy good UI logic people spent a lot of time in in the MyTV part of MD can not be reused and it may never be possible for me to create a user experience as good as in MyTV.

That brought the idea to check out if it would be possible to plug yourself into myTV and fake a tuner and redirect the possible high level requests like "switch channel" etc. to the dreambox and deliver back for example just an Audio and Video pin or EPG data or information about the current running program etc..

Now my question:

Is there a high level Tuner control interface in MD you can plug yourself in and fake a normal tuner (without writting a fake BDA driver or something ;-)). If so, can somebody please point me to some interfaces to take a look at or an idea how to do the trick (It is a lot of code to read when you are not really good in c# - Just started today)?

Thank you for the help.

ppx

January 26, 2006
OK, never mind,

I created a separate MP plugin for the dreambox, using the VLC ActiveX as embedded player, since g_Player needed a few tweaks to playback the http stream from the box and I know the pain of getting fixes into the build.

At the moment (pre pre pre alpha) you can only switch the channels ( list with running shows corresponding to your channels is taken fom MPs EPG database . so you have to set up XMLTV) and watch the show in an embedded view - switch to full screen. Switching is very slow (>2 Sec) and I fear it will stay like that.

This was my first evening with c# and MP. So I will not release the plugin now. If somebody wants it desperately- he needs to contact me.

I will come back to it once it is somewhat finnished.

antoine75

Portal Member
January 4, 2005
ppx said:
OK, never mind,

I created a separate MP plugin for the dreambox, using the VLC ActiveX as embedded player, since g_Player needed a few tweaks to playback the http stream from the box and I know the pain of getting fixes into the build.

Hello,

I am very interested with your developpement for another Box that can stream its feeds via rtsp. It works well with VLC so your idea of using vlc active x in MP is great.

One question though, how does your plugin interacts with MP and the MyTV plugin, EPG, ... ?

Thank you for your answer,

dr.lector

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
Hey there, i would be interested in your plugin very very much.
ive got the db 7000s and it would be very nice to use it to watch tv in mp!
maybe its possible to watch with your db plugin and record with the build-in tv card in my mp-pc?!
i read a long time ago about someone who also wanted to create such an plugin, maybe u can talk to him? i will search for his thread and tell u.
until then keep up the good work!

unknow21

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
I test VLC activeX with a french settop box call freebox.
My test plugin switching was very slow too :(

I think à virtual card ( with BDA drivers or somethink else), was better because rewrite all user interface was little idiot.
But it seem more easy to use VLC activeX than write BDA drivers for settop box!

Good luck for your plugin.

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
Hey ppx, any chance of releasing your plugin (or at least whatever youve gotten done?)

I am getting a dreambox soon and really need it as part of my system... the idea is that I will have a few DBs in the main room, and an htpc in other rooms without needing more cables only network cable...

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom