[solved] FANART for my music original soundtracks (OSTs) (1 Viewer)

TeMorituri

Portal Member
April 19, 2009
Hi I have read a few threads a but am not sure I can follow where I have gone wrong.

I have a number of movie soundtracks which I like to listen to [examples Star Wars,Aliens,The Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, The Hunger Games]

At present when I am playing them the fanart shows the artist (I get to see a lot of Hans Zimmer and John Williams) but what I would like to see is artwork from the movies themselves.
I have tried adding artwork in each specific music album folder in my NAS ( and have tried naming them fanart1,fanart2 etc and even tried naming them after the album eg The Lone Ranger1 etc etc) but the most I can manage is to get these to display as a general background when I select music in Mediaportal.

I figure it must be an error on my part as to where I am adding the artwork and how I am naming it but am wondering if there is not a setting I am neglecting.

Could anyone give me guidelines on how they have set their machine up ( which options they use ) and how they would name the fanart going into each movie soundtrack album

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Or try add pictures to folder: Skin FanArt\UserDef\Albums with name like Album Artist - Album Name (N).jpg Example: Greg Edmonson - Firefly OST (1).jpg

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Thank you ajs...I tried using your first suggestion and have edited my mp3 files using MPTagThat but I thjink I am coming unstuck at the regex point. I grasp the basic idea of the regex code but having ticked the box MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex I am then unsure how to write the code into the open space below it. Can I just copy the xml code like it shows in the reference you made? Do I need to give it line numbers?

e.g is it
    <entry name="ScanMusicFoldersForFanart">True</entry>
    <entry name="MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex">\\(?&lt;artist&gt;[^\\]+?)\\(?&lt;album&gt;[^\\]+?)\\[^\\]+?\..+?$</entry>

or should I put line numbers in before this ?e.g
    1.<entry name="ScanMusicFoldersForFanart">True</entry>
    2. <entry name="MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex">\\(?&lt;artist&gt;[^\\]+?)\\(?&lt;album&gt;[^\\]+?)\\[^\\]+?\..+?$</entry>

When I tried using the regex I entered some artwork ( for The Lone Ranger OST by Hans Zimmerman I entered in the same folder as the mp3 : for example The Lone Ranger(1).jpg etc etc )
    Then I cleared my fanart and clicked to recreate my entire artwork. It kind of worked because the images appear in the background when i select the option for Music but they are not appearing when I play that specific album.Aaargh

I will now try the second option with a specific user defined folder in fanart and see if that allows the images to be displayed only when I play that specific album. I will try and post an update after i have given it a good try

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Can I just copy the xml code like it shows in the reference you made? Do I need to give it line numbers?
    or should I put line numbers in before this ?e.g
    upload_2016-12-3_10-58-35.png

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Ok update for all :

It works - thanks again ajs

The option using a specific user defined folder in fanart is the easiest part Just name the jpgs : Album Artist - Album Name (N).jpg

Dont allow the art to be used in random because then the damn things appear any time you are playing that artist ( nothing worse than Man of Steel artwork appearing when you are playing The Lone Ranger)

I finally managed to get the regex expression working by ticking the box MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex but then only use the second regex entry
    <entry name="MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex">\\(?&lt;artist&gt;[^\\]+?)\\(?&lt;album&gt;[^\\]+?)\\[^\\]+?\..+?$</entry>

I do not think you have to insert the first regex entry of <entry name="ScanMusicFoldersForFanart">True</entry> That just seemed to stuff it up

Now I have to go and find a bunch of nice user defined art for each of my soundtracks

On that subject in "Now Playing" the lower half of the screen is obscured by a faux thermaltake box with the name of the artist play etc. It obscures half of this artwork that I have struggled to get displaying correctly. I am currently using the xtrme skin

It looks like this : https://www.team-mediaportal.com/media/com_mtree/images/listings/o/2524.jpg

Does anyone know of a skin that will just display the "Now Playing" without so much of the fanart being obscured ?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Dont allow the art to be used in random because then the damn things appear any time you are playing that artist ( nothing worse than Man of Steel artwork appearing when you are playing The Lone Ranger)
    Album Artist the some? If Fanart for Album Artist - Album not found, FH use Fanart for Album Artist.
    Random fanart selected fan art and fan art to play, it's different fanart. Although formed from one and the same picture :)
    but then only use the second regex entry
    These were examples. Regular expressions should make the user. And to make their organization a music files and pictures.
    Does anyone know of a skin that will just display the "Now Playing" without so much of the fanart being obscured ?
    Now Playing in my Theme for Titan ... :):whistle::coffee:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...bugfixes-and-more.117693/page-51#post-1161011

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Uhh I think the words I am looking for are Повторіть, будь ласка

You say "If Fanart for Album Artist - Album not found, FH use Fanart for Album Artist."

I think I understand you but what happened was that for Hans Zimmerman - (the artist for both The Lone Ranger and Man of Steel ) although there were already standard images of Hans Zimmer ( not my user defined artwork) when I played The Lone Ranger some images from Man of Steel popped up ( I guessed it was because it was the same artist and unticked the Enable/Disable in Random and the problem seemed to stop. You are saying that shouldn't be the case?

Yes I need to learn a bit more regex..at most I am using it for is to create filters for RSS

I clicked on the link you have given me and downloaded https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/ajs-theme-with-editor-20151114-beta-zip.171809/
    ...will it look the same in Titan Extended ? Where is basic Titan skin to download? Do I need to install Clear Art plugin?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If playing: Hans Zimmerman - The Lone Ranger and Fanart for Album The Lone Ranger presen then Fanart for The Lone Ranger is show.
    If playing: Hans Zimmerman - The Lone Ranger and Fanart for Album The Lone Ranger not presen then Fanart for Hans Zimmerman is show (all fanart, for Hans Zimmerman ignoring any albums).
    will it look the same in Titan Extended
    It looks like a Titan with my theme. :cool:
    I clicked on the link you have given me and downloaded
    My Theme Thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ther-icon-on-screen-bugfixes-and-more.117693/
    Where is basic Titan skin to download?
    Titan is already included in the media portal.
    Do I need to install Clear Art plugin?
    I do not know this plugin. But if you need it, then why not install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom