[solved] Fanart Handler Multi Weather (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Thanks, yahooo have similar layout as you have?

--
    WBR, Andrew J.Swan

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Thanks, yahooo have similar layout as you have?
    yes, I've compared the list with my xml file and it should match. But please be aware, that Yahoo does not support any free weather API anymore and with the next version of WorldWeather, this provider will be removed completely. I'm not able to support the new method called YQL (the name of Database Query Language of Yahoo) in future versions, because a complete redesign of the grabber is required.

When you use my generic list, you are independent of any provider but WorldWeather must be installed to display multi weather images correctly. But maybe it also helps me to understand the "big picture" when you try to explain, why you want to implement such feature into a plugin, which has a complete different focus. In case you want to only change the background of your plugin, it's very simple to adapt each skin to display a weather related background picture based on global WorldWeather properties.

Regards, Alex

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    why you want to implement such feature into a plugin, which has a complete different focus. In case you want to only change the background of your plugin, it's very simple to adapt each skin to display a weather related background picture based on global WorldWeather properties.
    Look: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/image-pack-weather-backdrops-multi.135247/#post-1198268 and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/image-pack-weather-backdrops-multi.135247/#post-1198302
    Your plugin is not able to display multiple pictures for one weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom