[solved] Fanart Handler no longer works with my Pandora MusicBox plugin. (1 Viewer)

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fanart Handler no longer works with my Pandora MusicBox plugin.

Apparently something was changed between Fanart Handler v4.0.2.223 and version 4.0.2.224 to cause this to happen. That is, Pandora MusicBox scrapes and displays artist fanart using 223, but does not scrape artist images starting with version 224.

I use the StreamedMP skin, but I get the same results with the DefaultWideHD skin. I'm using MediaPortal 1.15.0.

I've attached two Fanart Handler logs: 223 and 240. Both logs encompass MediaPortal startup, two songs played by Pandora MusicBox plugin, and MediaPortal shutdown. Note there are no 'Scraper' log entries in the 240 file.

Can someone see a problem? I can't.

Jon

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Can someone see a problem? I can't.
    No FH properties in Pandora skin files or Pandora media type not in (Music, Radio, IsLastFMStream) ...
    C#:
            if (type == g_Player.MediaType.Music || type == g_Player.MediaType.Radio || MediaPortal.Util.Utils.IsLastFMStream(filename))
            {
              if ((Utils.ContainsID(FPlay.WindowsUsingFanartPlay) ||
                   Utils.ContainsID(FPlayOther.WindowsUsingFanartPlayGenre) ||
                   Utils.ContainsID(FPlayOther.WindowsUsingFanartPlayClearArt) ||
                   Utils.UseOverlayFanart) && Utils.AllowFanartInActiveWindow())
              {
                StartRefreshTimer();
              }

Last edited:

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    No FH properties in Pandora skin files or Pandora media type not in (Music, Radio, IsLastFMStream) ...

Thank you AJS, but sorry, I don't understand your reply.

All else being the same, when I roll back FH to release 223, artist fanart is displayed in the background as shown in the attached screen photo. FH properties do exist in the Pandora skin files. When I update to FH release 224 or newer, artist imagery is not displayed.

Are you saying that when upgrading FH from 223, skin and/or plugin code needs to change to keep the nice old features of FH, such as displaying music artist background imagery?

Attachments

• pandora.gif
      pandora.gif
      808.8 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Plz attach Pandora XML skin files.

--
    WBR, Andrew J.Swan

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Attached are two Pandora XML files from the StreamedMP skin. The second is an <import> to the first.
    If you need others, please let me know.

jon

Attachments

• PandoraMusicBox.xml
      23.9 KB
    • mymusic.autofanart.xml
      4.5 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I did not find not a single property which should show the backdrop for the selected artist. For the actor who plays a property, it may not be enough:
    <define>#usePlayFanart:Yes</define>

--
    WBR, Andrew J.Swan

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @jon_in_phx
    Backup your PandoraMusicBox.xml and mymusic.autofanart.xml, replace PandoraMusicBox.xml with my PandoraMusicBox.xml, try, if not work, replace mymusic.autofanart.xml with my mymusic.autofanart.xml, try ...

Attachments

• mymusic.autofanart.xml
      6.5 KB
    • PandoraMusicBox.xml
      24.1 KB

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Fixed! Thank you Andrew for the updated files. And thanks for the quick response! Pandora Fanart now works with Fanart release 4.0.2.240. Now I wonder why Fanart EVER worked for Pandora MusicBox without those added 'defines'...

I only had to swap the PandoraMusicBox.xml file. Of the three 'defines' you added, I choose not to use the 'random' one. I only want to see fanart for the current artist (and display a default fanart when artist images can't be found).

I've attached my edited PandoraMusicBox.xml file for the StreamedMP skin (with your two added define statements) that makes me happy. (y)

Jon

Attachments

• PandoraMusicBox.xml
      24.2 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Now I wonder why Fanart EVER worked for Pandora MusicBox without those added 'defines'...
    An error in the old version of the plugin :) :whistle::coffee:
    I've attached my edited PandoraMusicBox.xml file for the StreamedMP skin (with your two added define statements) that makes me happy.
    Probably the best of these changes to convey the developer to the skins. For the next update there were no such problems. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom