Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (3 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm getting the following error. Logs attached.
    Could not create a temporary table as it is you already have. I do not understand where it came from there ... :confused:

i start mepo and there was a long process fanart handler is running. after this i had a look in the config, but at opening there was an erro "upgrading databse error" Here are the logs.
    For some reason the plug was run twice (maybe a problem in the plugin). Therefore could not create a temporary table. :confused:

@blair_haynes @D3ltoroxp
    - If you kept the old database then it is possible to return and run the plug-in configurator.
    - Or try 55 Beta. :)
    - Or just delete the database FanartHandler.db3, and at the start of the plugin should create a new, and do import all your pictures.
    :coffee:

FanartHandler 4.0.0.54 (Beta):
    * Trying to fix the database upgrade.(If an update causes an error, then delete the database FanartHandler.db3, and at the start of the plugin should create a new, and do import all your pictures.)
    :cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1417074078][/DOUBLEPOST]Lot to do at home, a lot to do at work. And the house appeared York, which now drives away me from the computer, and leads me to move. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.54.Beta.zip
      255.3 KB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and it is better to move this functionality in the media portal itself.
    Have to disagree. Functionality like this is exactly the reason why we have plugins. We should keep the Core as clean/stable as possible. That's 1 of the main reason why the Windows plugins were all split up.

Wouldn't think about the impact if this was part of Core and not working for as long as we have issues with FH now.
    Besides that, FanartHandler & MIH are both doing a lot of similar tasks, so it's up to the user what he prefers. ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Have to disagree. Functionality like this is exactly the reason why we have plugins. We should keep the Core as clean/stable as possible.
    I meant to do it, plug-in, as part of media portal. How My Videos. But then it is best to write from scratch.

FanartHandler & MIH are both doing a lot of similar tasks, so it's up to the user what he prefers.
    In general, this plugin makes too much. He must collect pictures with folder thumbnails media portal, and show them where they are needed. Upload images, useful information, etc. must separate plugin (like MIH, MePoTools).
    But now we have a lot of plugins that do the same thing. MIH, MePoTools, DVDArt etc.

Bring to a normal state, this plugin will be very difficult. Here is what that residues 1 and version 2, version 3 deficiencies, hence a lot of mistakes and code complexity. I've already thrown about 30 percent of excess and not the right code. And I think that there remains much again. As well as the setting of rewriting the existing thumbnails. If to look algorithm then rewriting until just does not reach as all interrupted earlier, but saves bandwidth.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I meant to do it, plug-in,
    Aah, ok, then i misunderstood ;)

In general, this plugin makes too much. He must collect pictures with folder thumbnails media portal, and show them where they are needed.
    Agree. From my understanding, FH was primarily designed to manage all existing FH/thumbnails and show them in the correct place.
    The only scraping i use FH for is the NowPlaying scraping when i'm listening to Webstreams (Radio).

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    you guys forgetting one thing ;)
    all do scraping yes, but only one view them as fanart, with low use of memory:)
    the rest plugins do great job for scraping,but cannot view them as fanart with animation and low use of memory.
    all the viewing of cd art,clear art,logo .... are using a link to folders to view them and this tack more memory use (thats way some skins slow and havey :()

i agree now we have to many pluging for scraping that do same things ... but from many years of expiration like what happen with fanart handler (developer gone ...) and then suddenly it's not to many plugins any more ;)

thanks guys for all the work you do (y)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But now we have a lot of plugins that do the same thing. MIH, MePoTools, DVDArt etc.
    Exactly - and I've been saying this since quite some time.

Your excellent work is a great opportunity to streamline all this. You have developed the MePo Tools, now you are trying to repair the FH. My preference would be to be able to replace FH, MIH and MepoTools by one single plugin. You appear to be the man to do this :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    CAUTION If you do not close the window of the configurator media portal, and some times cause the plugin, it will start at the same time in the number of copies equal to the number of its launch.
    Why is it I do not know. Will I be able to change it just do not know. Behaves and old Fanart Handler and Latest Media Handler.
    Code:
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is starting.
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is starting.
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler version is 1.6.2.0
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler version is 1.6.2.0
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is started.
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:33  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is started.
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:37  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is stopped.
    27-Nov-2014 13:17:37  Info [LatestMediaHandlerCo]: Latest Media Handler configuration is stopped.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The only scraping i use FH for is the NowPlaying scraping when i'm listening to Webstreams (Radio).
    In this case, it may invoke another plug for the desired thumbnails or backdrop. He does not need to download it yourself.

the rest plugins do great job for scraping,but cannot view them as fanart with animation and low use of memory.
    It is.

all the viewing of cd art,clear art,logo .... are using a link to folders to view them and this tack more memory use (thats way some skins slow and havey )
    I think it's no problem to add more properties to the plug-in to support other types of pictures. But in my opinion it should not load them, he must show them, and their cataloging.

@ysmp @HomeY @HTPC_Sourcer
    But then it is better to write from scratch. Unfortunately my knowledge of C# is not enough for this. A Delphi does not want to interact with the media portals using .NET.

@HTPC_Sourcer :(:mad::cry::censored::cautious::coffee::whistle:
    FanartHandler 4.0.0.55 (Beta):
    * Remade mechanism updating the database. Remove all old pieces. Slightly changed the algorithm.
    Code:
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [ FanartHandlerConfig]: Fanart Handler configuration is starting.
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [ FanartHandlerConfig]: Fanart Handler version is 4.0.0.55
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: initDB: Start: config
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: FanartHandler.db3
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Database version is: 2.8 at database initiation
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Database to version 2.9
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Step 1 - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Step 2 - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: initDB: Start: upgrade
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Creating Database, version 3.2
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Create tables [Step 1] - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Create indexes [Step 2] - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Create database, version 3.2 - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: FanartHandler.db3
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Step 6 - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgraded Database to version 3.2
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Step 7 - Fill tables ...
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Upgrading Step 7 - finished
    27-Nov-2014 14:25:47  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Database version is verified: 3.2

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.55.Beta.zip
      255.2 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom