Fanart-Handler Problem, chrashes MP when activated. (1 Viewer)

flurfunk

Portal Pro
June 20, 2009
Viersen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I updated my MP-Version to 1.5 Pre-Release and have the latest Version of Fanart-Handler 3.1.0 and LatestMedia-Handler 1.6.2 installed.
I have now Backdrops in every Menu and it works find until I play a Video or want to watch tv. I just get an error showing me some Codec information. Then MP crashes.
I searched the logs and the only error I could find was in the Fanart-Handler Plugin. When I disable it, everything works fine, but then I dont have any backdrops. Is this version compatible to the latest MP- Version?

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem. When Fanart Handler is active MP uses 1.5 GB Memory... Something is wrong with the sql Database. Ist there a fix for this?

Last edited:

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I found a solution that works under some circumstances: Uninstall it in the "MediaPortal Extension installer" then disable Fanart Handler Plugin, go to the MedaiPortral directory and save all the files which belongs to Fanart-Handler to your desktop or somewhere else. After a restart be sure its not shown in the plugins config anymore. Then reinstall it. All your backdrops will still be there. After that video and tv works for me even FanartHandler is activated.
    But the same error appears when my Internet connection dont works just like yesterday. Then the only way to get videos played is to disable the Fanart Plugin and wait until my Internet works again.

Last edited:

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, yesterday I intalled the new MP Version 1.5 final and the latest StreamedMP-Version. In the last couple of weeks I had both plugins (latest media handler and fanart handler) disabled to get MP working - finally without and fanart, just blank backgrounds :/
    So yesterday I activated both plugins again and first it works fine. I had backdrops but then MP crashes and now I have the same problem as before. MP works now only if I disable the plugins otherwise it will crash.
    I also tried to disable only one of the plugins and so I found out that the problem seems to be part of the "fanart handler" plugin. Latest Media Handler dont seem to be the problem.
    Anyone who has an idea or solution?

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem Solved: The Problem was a corrupt Database. Deleting all Music-Fanart solved the problem. Took some time to download all images again but now it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom